We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apr a good time to travel in Tasmania?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Apr a good time to travel in Tasmania?

Hi we r planning to go somewhere in Apr 4-21. Is a good time to travel in Tasmania? Kindly advise. Thank you. Elaine

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apr a good time to travel in Tasmania?

P.s. We r traveling w/ our 4 yo son.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,592 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apr a good time to travel in Tasmania?

It's mid spring so the weather is starting to get cooler - especially at night when it gets quite cold after sunset.

Wear layers of clothes and bring a water/windproof jacket as an outer layer.

Make sure that the accommodation you book has good heating, too.

Luigi

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apr a good time to travel in Tasmania?

I actually think April is one of the nicest times to come to Tassie. I always tell me friends to come down March, April (and quire often May) - you can get some lovely sunny days and no wind. As Luigi has said - bring layers as it can get cool once the sun goes down – great for sleeping though.

Regards

Suzi

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
711 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apr a good time to travel in Tasmania?

Autumn in Tassie is beautiful, especially for those of us who live in tropical/sub-tropical areas where the autumn foliage is non-existent. We found the weather near perfect when we visited in April a few years back.

White Beach...
Destination Expert
for Tasmania
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apr a good time to travel in Tasmania?

Agree that April can be lovely as long as you dress appropriately for the cooler evenings and don't forget that daylight savings will end on the 7th of April, this year so evenings will be darker earlier. (I guess that means you can get up early to benefit from the lighter mornings!)

Australia
Level Contributor
374 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apr a good time to travel in Tasmania?

I agree with Luigi, except that April is autumn, not spring. But the weather is often quite settled and pleasant. Have a great trip!

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,592 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apr a good time to travel in Tasmania?

:)) Autumn!!

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apr a good time to travel in Tasmania?

March/April are often the best months in Tassie. Generally more settled weather than other months. My preferred time here.

9. Re: Apr a good time to travel in Tasmania?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:47 am, May 04, 2013
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apr a good time to travel in Tasmania?

Thank you all for your message. Was planning Apr 4-20. Hopefully not school holiday?? We need to stay in Melbourne for 2-3 days. So 13 days in Tasmania ok or too short? Also, still great to visit after the latest bushfire? Thanks.