We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tas weather atm

QLD
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tas weather atm

Hi all!

We are leaving for our trip all over tas next week and was wondering what sort of things to pack? I know it can get real hot in jan but also quite cool depending on where we are and just what the weather is doing that day. I'm planning on packing stuff to be able to layer if needed but just wanted to check whether I wi need to take jackets and real cooler weather stuff? Just trying not to take everything with us!

Cheers in advance :)

QLD
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Tas weather atm

Thanks drron! We decided to change our accommodation so we aren't going to the peninsula anymore. Thank you for the new link :)

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
11,926 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Tas weather atm

Well it has snowed, web cam snapshot of Mt Mawson tow near Mt Field in the south, pathetic amount of snow but it is summer and it has brought a lovely cool change.

ski.com.au/snowcams/…mawson1.html

At present in the area I live it's a balmy 13.8c :o)

And at the top of Mt Wellington it's 2c but feels like -10.

Nay, I believe the Mt Field area is still closed?

Edited: 8:57 pm, January 08, 2013
QLD
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Tas weather atm

So good that it has cooled down for the moment at least Rob - thanks for the pic!

Yeah Mt Field looks to still be closed Rob - we have cancelled our stay in that area and changed that night to Strahan. Disappointed but determined to go and its what had to be done!

24. Re: Tas weather atm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 10, 2014