We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Freycinet National Park day trip from Hobart

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Freycinet National Park day trip from Hobart

HI guys

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on the key things to see at Freycinet National Park.

Plan to drive there and back in 1 day on either a Sunday or Monday (any difference in these days?)

basically, do a walk see the wilderness - dont want to be to rushed or tired from driving - is it do-able as a day trip? Where would you recommend stopping on the drive up or back to break the journey?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,631 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Freycinet National Park day trip from Hobart

It would be worthwhile reading back through a few posts on this forum for ideas.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Freycinet National Park day trip from Hobart

A long drive, approx 6+ hours return, to be honest it would be wise to cut your Hobart stay and stay the night in Coles Bay. The difference between Sunday and Monday, if it's not school holidays when your travelling Monday will be quieter, but like everywhere else the weekdays arealways quieter.

If you only do the walk up to the Wineglass Bay lookout you won't have much time for having a break on your return. If you have time you could stop at Triabunna for a drink, but for a meal and drink Swansea would be a better option.

Have you thought about a day trip to Tasman Peninsula, a much better and shorter day trip, and personally I believe you'll see more?

Robert

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Freycinet National Park day trip from Hobart

Thanks guys,

Accomodation in Hobart is already paid for so we have to keep that as out base and only have 3 nights.

Rob - I thought about Tasman peninsula but my partners already been and it still looks like a decent drive/distance on the map. I guess if we didnt necisarrily visit Port Arthur but took in the coastal spots its still a good trip?

The other option is perhaps Mount Field National Park ?

Also want to do Mount Wellington but from what I understand thats easily done in a couple of hours ,....

Hobart, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Freycinet National Park day trip from Hobart

How about a 3 hour sea Kayking tour? The perfect way to explore Freycinet. Check out our website for details and other local information:

www.freycinetadventures.com.au

Hoping to see you in Coles Bay soon!

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,525 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Freycinet National Park day trip from Hobart

Post 4, I wouldn't do Freycinet as a day trip, I certainly wouldn't do Freycinet plus what you suggest as a day trip!!!!! Btw, your suggestion matches your name. You've been a member since since 2006 and have no other posts listed, suggest you acquaint yourself with the guidelines.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,631 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Freycinet National Park day trip from Hobart

Hi there, FreycinetAdventures! Welcome to TripAdvisor forums. :)

As you're new, it may be worthwhile having a read of the Guidelines for posting on the forums, here: …custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/850

Luigi

7. Re: Freycinet National Park day trip from Hobart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 09, 2013