We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is the best place for kids to see tassie devils

Windang NSW
3 posts
Save Topic
where is the best place for kids to see tassie devils

Hi travelling to Tassie, would like to take my daughter to see the Tassie Devil, which is the best place to go?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,713 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where is the best place for kids to see tassie devils

Murriegold, Welcome to TA forums!

One of the Top Questions in blue in the upper right of this page is "Where Do I go to See Tassie Devils?" Here's the link: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255096-c123345/Tasma…

Where are you going to be in Tassie?

Luigi

Tasmania
Level Contributor
968 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where is the best place for kids to see tassie devils

Hi there

very dependent on where you will be in Tassie! There are many different wildlife parks throughout Tasmania that would fit the bill, so it will be easy to find a park close to where you are travelling. Unless of course you mean to see one in the wild?

Windang NSW
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where is the best place for kids to see tassie devils

We are coming down to Penguin to race the Australian Titles for Surf Lifesaving in the IRBS (rubber ducks) and are going to come a week earlier and hopefully see as much as possible. Staying at Ulverstone but as we have our 4wd hoping to get to as much as possible,,

Windang NSW
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where is the best place for kids to see tassie devils

much appreciated, as we have a car, would you recommend any park preferable to the others. we are hoping to get around a bit of tassie in the week we are there.

Tasmania
Level Contributor
968 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where is the best place for kids to see tassie devils

Hi there

Wings Wildlife Park is the closest to Ulverstone

www.wingswildlife.com.au

If you are travelling around the state, you will no doubt pass other wildlife parks with Devils, such as Launceston's Tasmania Zoo or Devils@Cradle, for example.

Cheers,

Tasmania
Level Contributor
968 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where is the best place for kids to see tassie devils

Also have a look at this listing for other wildlife parks through out Tasmania

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255096-c123345/Tasma…

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,713 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where is the best place for kids to see tassie devils

IMO, Bonorong near Hobart is the nicest, but failing that Trowunna at Mole Creek or Tasmania Zoo at Launceston will be closer to you and both are good.

Devils @ Cradle is lovely, but very small. At least they'll let the kids pat a little devil.

I'm afraid I don't much care for the exotic zoos which just happen to have a devil as well. They rate last on the link we have given you to all the wildlife parks in the state. And points to the Tassie government that the importation of exotic zoo animals is being halted.

Luigi

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,064 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where is the best place for kids to see tassie devils

Just wondering if you meant you are "staying in Ulverstone" for the duration?

Tasmania
Level Contributor
444 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where is the best place for kids to see tassie devils

Well, I'm certainly no Devil expert but I always have an opinion so, for what it's worth, I have visited Wings Wildlife Park at Gunns Plains, Tasmania Zoo at Launceston and Trowunna at Mole Creek. IMO Trowunna and Tasmania Zoo are both terrific.

An excursion to Mole Creek would also open up opportunities for a visit to the Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm, the Honey Farm at Chudleigh and 41South Salmon Farm. Oh, and if you're going that way you could call into Anvers Chocolate Factory at Latrobe and Ashgrove Cheese at Elizabeth Town as well. Hmm, that's a lot of foody stuff isn't it? It's obvious where my interests lie:

www.raspberryfarmcafe.com/home_cafe.html

http://www.thehoneyfarm.com.au/

http://www.41southtasmania.com/

http://anvers-chocolate.com.au/

www.ashgrovecheese.com.au/ashgroveshop.html

Lani

10. Re: where is the best place for kids to see tassie devils

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, May 17, 2010