We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Restaurants anywhere between Launceston - St Helens

Sydney
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Good Restaurants anywhere between Launceston - St Helens

Can anyone recommend any good restaurants for a nice birthday meal. My husband will be having his birthday the night we arrive to Tassie in Devenport on the Spirit of Tasmania. We will be spending our first night in St Helens, so anywhere on the way to St Helens or in Devenport will be warmly appreciated.

Thanks,

Livia

Tasmania
Level Contributor
111 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Restaurants anywhere between Launceston - St Helens

Hi Livia,

I'm no expert on the restaurant scene, but i have friends who live in Launceston and they recommend Novarro's on Brisbane Street for a really lovely night out (a bit pricey, but a good size meal apparently?), also 'Flavours' at the Sportmans Bar is meant to be really good too. I sat out on the deck and had lunch at 'Flavours' a few months ago and it was good service, great food and fun atmosphere. Otherwise you could always have a meal at Doherty's Restaurant in St Helens. Following is Doherty's website:

dohertyhotels.com.au/sthelens/foodbev.html

I wouldn't recommend a meal in Devonport only because then you will have a 3 - 3 1/2 hour car drive (at night!) to get to St Helens for your accommodation!! Even from Launceston you will still be travelling for 2-2 1/2 hours in the dark.

Hopefully someone else can recommend a great place for a meal.

All the best, and i hope your hubby has a wonderful birthday and that you both enjoy your holiday in Tassie.

Cheers

Lyn

Austalia
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Restaurants anywhere between Launceston - St Helens

I agree with Lyn, it would be too hard to arrive into Devonport, then have dinner and get to St Helens the same night.

To stop in at Launceston fro dinner and then drive the same night will be tough. Its a dark curvey road.

I would suggest having dinner in Launceston and then staying the night and heading off the next morning, if you could.

Once again I agree with Lyn Navaros is beautiful, the food, wine and service is fantastic.

We also love Still Waters, which has a great location and fantastic food, but a bit pricey.

If you do decide to have dinner in Devonport, I can highly recommend the Deck Restaurant. As you get off the boat, its only about 3 minutes down the road.

Hope this helps