We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My holiday report

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
My holiday report

We had a great time in Tasmania but it wasn'y all we expected it to be.

We arrived 17th Feb at lunch time picked up our hire car from Red Spot they were great. A lovely near new nissan tida.Off we drove to Perth for water and supplies, funny as we come from perth.

On through Cambletown to Ross.The drive through was surprisingly dry. We found Ross delightful so pretty and quite, we had a pie sitting outside the Bakery you could hear a pin drop so serene. We walked aound checked ou the shops and looked at the Ross bridge.

Then off to Bicheno booked into East Coast Cabins very nice and the people lovely highly recomended.

Wednesday we left for St Helens not much not as nice as Bicheno. we saw Binalong Bay and looked up towards the Bay of Fires, the girl in the info centre told us we didn't need to go any furthur but I think we should have.Lunch at St Helens then headed back Stopped at Eureka Berry Farm not my favourite so we left. Stopped at Doug Aspely Park had a nice walk and came to a beautiful rock pool a couple were swimming on the way back we saw a Echidna it was a great thrill. We did have a park pass well worth the $56. Back to Bicheno. The people at the park booked us in at the restuarant at Sealife window seat overlooking the bay it was perfect. We saw the Penquins come out at dark and we went down but no camera.

Thursday off to Freycinet it was raining but I did my washing before we left. From the Tourville lookout we could hardly see anything. So that put us off the walk to wineglass Bay. We sae Honeymoon Bay tranquill and Friendlies Bay lovely.Lunch at Coles Bay and back to Bicheno. My washing was dry so the rain had stopped at Bicheno Damm.Saw the blowholes. At 9pm we went with camera to see penquins they were so cute they even walked right passed us.

Must carry on later

Cheers harro

Lancs UK
Level Contributor
527 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: My holiday report

Hi I've enjoyed your trip report.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: My holiday report

Thanks Everyone for your comments. We did enjoy our holiday and maybe expected too much as we quite often do. Anyone going, please go to the play in Strahan

The Ship that never was. Fantastic

Cheers Harro

East Gippsland
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: My holiday report

Sounds like NZ with all that rain. Thanks Harro for your report. Yes 2 weeks is not long enough, 4-5 weeks would be better and gives you more time to see things without the rain.

14. Re: My holiday report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, October 19, 2009