We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantastic Tasmania exceeded our expectations!

Lancs UK
Level Contributor
513 posts
228 reviews
Save Topic
Fantastic Tasmania exceeded our expectations!

Hi,just returned from 17 totally fantastic days in this beautiful part of the world.I will be posting my trip trip report over the next week.With the exception of one place in Strahan we stayed in fantastic accomadations and I will be posting reviews on all of them.Thanks again for all your help in planning my holiday.

Watch this space-------------

Lancs UK
Level Contributor
513 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Fantastic Tasmania exceeded our expectations!

RICHMOND--Left Port Arthur and headed off towards Richmond.We checked in to the Richmond Barracks ----VERY highly recommended--review to follow.We walked to the historic bridge,the oldest bridge in Australia ( built by the convicts),very scenic.After a beer in the Richmond Arms we enjoyed the sunny afternoon wandering around this beautiful picturesque little town.Richmond was one of,if not the most picturesque town we visited in Tasmania and we regret not spending more time here.The town had a very English feel to it,lots of little craft shops and antique shops---wonderful!!What a perfect end to an amazing holiday.

So that's it folks.From here we flew to Sydney and spent time with friends here .I hope you have found my report interesting and helpful if you are planning a trip to Tassie.What we also enjoyed about our trip was that the driving distances between locations were quite short.The longest time we spent on the road at any one time was approx 3 hours so we had more outdoor walking etc time.

If you get chance take a look at my posts about the accomadations we stayed in ( I've not done them all yet!).All but one were superb with several exceptional!!

Thanks again for all your help in making this holiday so fantastic!

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Fantastic Tasmania exceeded our expectations!

Thanks for the report Jax. I saw Richmond briefly, pics of the bridge and refuel the car, on my first trip but missed out last time. Sounds like it's worth a return trip.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
711 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Fantastic Tasmania exceeded our expectations!

Jax, I'm glad you enjoyed Tassie and that your trip exceeded your expectations. Thank you for posting a trip report and reviews; it's always interesting to read the results of all the planning that goes into a holiday and of course, very helpful to those still at the planning stage. Cheers.

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Fantastic Tasmania exceeded our expectations!

jax, I'm off to tassie next week to spend a week in a campervan, thanks for the great report!

kyogle, nsw
Level Contributor
600 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Fantastic Tasmania exceeded our expectations!

Hi Jax,

Glad to read your reports and after all your questions, planning etc, to read that Tassie exceeded your expectations. I'm sure you will recommend Tassie to your friends. Though obviously along distance to travel, it is worth including in the itinerary.

I'm sure your reports and comments will assist fellow travellers. That's what it's all about!.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts

Cheers

Brisbane
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Fantastic Tasmania exceeded our expectations!

I can't believe the detail you have gone to here Jax, but thank you very much. I am doing 16 days in Tassie from middle of April so your trip report has been fantastic.

One thing - I am finding it hard to get any detail on the Boat Harbour Beach Caravan Park. Can anyone help me with how close it is to the water and whether it is good to stay at?

kyogle, nsw
Level Contributor
600 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Fantastic Tasmania exceeded our expectations!

Hi ronda999,

re boat harbour beach caravan park, I have not stayed there and certainly did not find it listed on the carvan park section of www. discovertasmania. But I googled it, and found they do not have a website, but do have an email address. I found this writeup from Getaway that may give you some info.

getaway.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx…

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers

Brisbane
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Fantastic Tasmania exceeded our expectations!

Thanks Flossy checked out the getaway site and it gave me some good info.

Thanks for your help.

29. Re: Fantastic Tasmania exceeded our expectations!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, October 20, 2009