We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cottages in Stanley

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
825 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
cottages in Stanley

Has anyone stayed in Abbey Spa Cottage or Touchwood Cottage in Stanley? They are both 4 star 3 bedroom self-contained cottages with breakfst provisions included. I am trying to decide between the two for our holiday in November. Abbey has a washing machine, dryer and dishwasher and a sea view, but apart from that they seem to have similar facilities. We can get Touchwood at a much cheaper rate than Abbey, but wonder if it's worth saving the money (about$200 over 3 days).

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
711 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cottages in Stanley

My hubby and I stayed in the Studio Cottage at Touchwood and can highly recommend if there are just two of you. The views were lovely and the cottage was beautifully furnished and the bed really comfortable. The bathroom was spacious as was the full kitchen. The complimentary devonshire afternoon tea on arrival was yummy; in fact Kathy's scones were mouth-watering! We also enjoyed a delicious lunch in their cafe. Although the laundry facilities are in a separate building, guests are welcome to use the washer and dryer. The Touchwood Cottage has 3 bedrooms but does not have the lovely view that The Studio enjoys and I believe the two bathrooms are small. The other cottage, The Pines, has two bedrooms and also great views. The location is perfect; in the centre of the town and walking distance to The Nut. Definitely 4 star.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
711 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cottages in Stanley

PS. Check out my TA review for Touchwood, including photos.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
825 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cottages in Stanley

Thanks Porge. We'll probably need a 3 bed place as teenage son and mother-in-law (maybe) will be with us. Apparently the 2 bathrooms have been renovated into one larger bathroom and a separate toilet in Touchwood Cottage.

I read your review - I wonder why there aren't more reviews for Stanley? Maybe tourists don't often stay there.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
711 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cottages in Stanley

I guess Stanley is off the beaten track for many tourists but it is a quaint little town and well worth a couple days IMO. The Nut with spectacular views from the top is a highlight of course. We walked up and back but the chairlift is an easier option.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
825 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cottages in Stanley

We have decided to go with Abbey Spa Cottage for the view and the convenience of having a washing machine and dryer in the cottage. i'll write a review when we get back.

6. Re: cottages in Stanley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 09, 2009