We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strahan or Cradle Mountain

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Strahan or Cradle Mountain

We arrive in Launcestion Tuesday in Feb what do you think

1st night hobbit cottages mole creek

2nd night Cradle Mountain highlander cottages

3rd night Strahan and Gordon River cruise

4th Hobart so we can be there for the markets.

Then up the East Coast.

My dilema is should we stay 2 nts at cradle instead of Strahan.Can someone do a sell on Strahan as I'm unsure.

cheers

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Strahan or Cradle Mountain

The Salamanca market sells local arts and crafts, fresh produce, locally produced skin care, books - lots of stuff - it also has street music, loads of cafes and even a few pubs - just has a great atmosphere surrounding it - my husband is happy to go just for one of the fantastic German bratwursts.

The thing I like about the market is that it is not over run by made in India and Indonesia goods - there is some of course but not so much as what I ahve seen in other markets - the stalls in the direction towards the city are the better ones.

There are also lots of great wineries, beautiful boat trips and sights to see in Hobart - you will not be bored in 3 days

Regards

Suzi

12. Re: Strahan or Cradle Mountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, October 06, 2009