We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas lunch

Melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas lunch

Can anyone suggest a good place for Christmas Day lunch between Hamilton and Hobart? We are staying in Hamilton but would be happy to drive as far as Hobart.

Hobart
Level Contributor
461 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas lunch

Do you mean December 25 - or Midwinter Christmas?

Midwinter Christmas is getting more popular here I think given it really is the time of year when it gets dark and needs festivities :)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas lunch

Yes, I understand the confusion. I actually mean December 25th.

Hobart
Level Contributor
461 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas lunch

Just bumping this in case anyone has any suggestions?

The best I can suggest is Hobart for lunch. I pulled out the map and there is not a lot between Hamilton & Hobart.

There is a hotel that does murder mysteries somewhere in Bothwell - I am trying to hunt them down.

Glen Clyde house is not open Christmas Day

Melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas lunch

Thanks for that Natt. We have booked Christmas lunch at Pier One Restaurant at Wrest Point. The menu sounds good and price isn't too bad ($85 per head).

Hobart
Level Contributor
461 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas lunch

Excellent - I had not forgotten - was just stumped for ideas!

Should be nice there actually. If the tide is out & you need a walk after you are full of food head up towards footpath towards lower sandy bay. There will be a little boat shed to your left and after that the beach should start. Its a lovely walk if the weather is good - and hopefully it will be.

You can walk right to lower sandy bay itself if you like :)

6. Re: Christmas lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, September 29, 2009