We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking accomodation

Perth
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Booking accomodation

Ok i have been here for ages and still havent finished planning my trip..

Can you please help fill in the blanks,

Arrive in Lanceston on 28th October and planning on staying at the Cosy Cabins just out of for 2 nights (day trips from) - Sun Night & mon Night

Stay somewhere ?? HELP?? Tuesday night

Stay 3 nights in mornington (hobart) in Cosy cabins - Wed, Thu, Friday Night (see markets on Saturday morning)

would it be doable to drive from here to Cradle mountain NOT going through Strahan (as we arent going that way) or do i stay some where inbetween ?

SO Saturday is either in Cradle or Somewhere else

Sunday night Cradle mountain

Monday & Tuesday not sure where close to airport as we leave at 7am on Tuesday morning.

Considering i am pregnant and will be driving 80% of this trip any advises on the towns to stay once i figure this out i will book accomodation on wotif or as i dont like the other cosy cabin sites.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking accomodation

Tuesday, between Launceston and Hobart, maybe Coles Bay/Freycinet Peninsula or Port Arthur. Did you change your mind about staying at Bicheno to see the penguins? That would be a possibility too.

Have a look at www.whereis.com.au for routes. Use the "get directions" feature. You certainly don't need to drive to Cradle Mountain via Strahan. We drove from Cradle Mountain to Hobart via Queenstown. We found that to be a long trip to do in a day (especially in bad weather) but the website shows a more direct route.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking accomodation

Sometimes it's difficult to find route planners for Tassie...we've usually relied on maps provided with the rental car...and then 5 hours later....

Have a look at www.discovertasmania.com.au and www.puretasmania.com.au as well as this link (shows exact kilometres eg. Hbt to Cradle)

www.puretasmania.com.au/default.asp?pID=28

Lonny to Cradle is the best (shortest) way ...save your energy for the walks...or spa treatments....and as MacKnee said..Cradle to Hbt via Queenstown getting out...though it's still a long drive unfortunately.

Then crash in to bed when you get to Hbt! btw I use wotif almost exclusively and have never had a problem although still pays to check hotels own website as *sometimes* they are cheaper.

3. Re: Booking accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 11, 2009