We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

x'mas trip

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1 post
68 reviews
Save Topic
x'mas trip

Hi, I'm planning to spend a week in Tas during the x'mas week. Should I need to reserve hotel booking? Not sure it is going to be very busy or quiet there at NY time. I would appreciate your advice. Also what's the weather like?

We plan to go from Hobart and drive along the east coast to Lauceston then to Cradle and back to Lauceston.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: x'mas trip

hi, i have a trip planned to both hobart and launceston at xmas and have booked already!! and couldnt get one of my nights wanted, already

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: x'mas trip

Definately book early for Christmas/New Year in Hobart. There is a famous yacht race from Sydney to Hobart that finishes there and many people visit at that time. The weather could be anything...very changeable from rain and cold 15-20 degrees to a lovely 25-30 degrees blue sky. Best to check the weather closer to the time to see the type of weather being experienced.

darwin
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: x'mas trip

we went to tas last xmas. it had highs up to 30 the week before we arived the day we got there temps plummeted and snow on mt wellington! BOOK BOOK BOOK a hotel room now.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: x'mas trip

Also would suggest book the Launceston and Cradle Mountain accommodation...

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: x'mas trip

got to agree BOOK NOW!!

i was in tears today as couldnt get my first night in launceston, after haggling and CRYING via email, got it!!! VERY LUCKY

6. Re: x'mas trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 23, 2009