We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tassie for teenagers ?

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Tassie for teenagers ?

We are heading down in late August, will do the usual main destinations, but I was wondering if there is something special for 12 & 15 y.o. teenagers down in Tassie ? Is the Tahune eagle glide worth doing, and the skywalk ? Glow worm caves ? Any adventure stuff like you get in NZ ? They are good kids and will tag along without too much complaint as their parents play tourist, but what's fun for kids in Tassie ?

Level Contributor
1,829 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tassie for teenagers ?

Try to be in Hobart on Saturday morning - the Slamance Market is fun for teenagers.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Tassie for teenagers ?

As someone else mentioned, the Huon Jet boat rides (and I think they do helicoprters too) would be a sure fire hit with teenagers. Its only about 40 minutes from Hobart too from memory...an easy drive.

I also like the Mt Wellington descent that you can do by pushbike.

The company picks you up from Hobart, suply all gear and you ride down the hill. Its a really different way of doing the trip. August will be cold though so if you go ahead then I suggest you pack some nice (but unattractive) thermals!!

BTW I agree with the other poster re: Dismal Swap. Yawn.

13. Re: Tassie for teenagers ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 02, 2009