We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back-very brief report

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
245 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
just back-very brief report

flew into launceston for 6 night tassie trip-hired car from rent for less-booked over internet-great deal no probs.

was quite sick while away so didnt get all out of holiday i had wanted but what the heck!

spent 1 night windmill hill b &b launceston-what a find-recommended on this forum-stayed in heritage room-little kitchenette, very roomy, great bathroom and FANTASTIC breakfast-all homemade produce-they make their own bread, jams, stewed fruits etc. all this for $111 per night-bargain-safe parking out front.

day 2 drove to swansea and stayed in a beachfront deluxe cabin at jubilee beach tourist park $130 per night -also fantastic-great facilities and awesome view right over great oyster bay. did day trip to bicheno and freycenet national park-no walking though-too sick! weather a bit overcast our whole time so visability not as good as it could be but could imagine the beauty on a clear day!

then onto hobart via portr arthur and richmond and spent 3 nights in prince of wales hotel $115 per night-free parking and in room continental breakfast included. GREAT place- 5 min walk to Salamanca place and easy pleaseant walk to great restaurants cafes, parks, waterfront and shopping-recommend Franciscos Spanish restaurant across the street from prince of wales-others on this forum have complained about the noise from the hotel on friday and saturday nights but we were there on those nights and despite bands playing only had a little noise about 10pm then very quiet-did not disturb us at all!

6 days is not enough so will go back another time and have a bit of a look at the west coast.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just back-very brief report

I was in Tasmania in 2004, and yes, you do have to go back to

have a look at the west coast. It is really spectacular, Cradle

Mountain, Strahan, Arthur River.

I am from Spain, and did return home with a great love for

that beautiful Island down under.

Joseantonio

Tasmania
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: just back-very brief report

Hi, glad you liked Windmill Hill B & B - I think I suggested you try it! I haven't been inside, but live nearby.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,557 posts
1,597 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just back-very brief report

Thanks for sharing your trip report, Tassie is a fabulous place to visit.....I also want to return in the near future. We really enjoyed Mt Field National Park and the Gordon Dam region.

Cheers,

Em

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
245 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just back-very brief report

thanks jeanettemary-it was you who recommended windmill hill-definately a great find!

5. Re: just back-very brief report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 27, 2009