We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostels in Hobart with parking

Stanford, California
1 post
Save Topic
Hostels in Hobart with parking

I will be in Tasmania from April 21-25, planning on using Hobart as my base and doing day trips to Port Arthur, Bruney Island, etc. Am a student, so want really cheap, looking at the hostels. I will be renting a car though, so need parking either at the hostel, or easy street parking. I was looking at Montgomery's as I like the location and it sounds really nice, but since it is close to downtown there doesn't appear to be parking. How is parking there? I will arrive late on Sat night, and leave early on Wed. Will be gone most days and really only in Hobart at night. I like that I can walk to places downtown from there, but the lack of parking worries me.

What about the Pickeled Frog hostel? Have seen some kind of mixed reviews of the place, but it is also downtown and has parking.

Adelphi YHA also has parking, but seems to be pretty far from downtown.... like not really walking distance (at least for a single female traveller).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,727 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostels in Hobart with parking

at the adelphi,try emailing and asking re the parking, as for getting into town from the adelphi,see if they have a courtesy bus from the hostel, or maybe a taxi, cant be too much$!!

good luck, and enjoy beautiful Hobart!!

2. Re: Hostels in Hobart with parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 26, 2009