We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking the car from mainland or renting at KI?

Finland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Taking the car from mainland or renting at KI?

Which is better: to take the car with us to KI (yes, we're renting through Thrifty) or renting a new one at the KI? Is there an safe, overnight parking available by the ferry terminal at Cape Jervis?

For some reason our travelagents local agent is insisting that we leave the car to Cape Jervis and rent a new one at KI... just wondering what is the best solution...

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,986 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking the car from mainland or renting at KI?

have a look at www.sealink.com.au. That will give you contacts. They should be able to answer your questions.

Finland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking the car from mainland or renting at KI?

Tried that but unfortunately Sealink-homepage dosen't give any information about overnightparking. I couldn't find any information throught Google either.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking the car from mainland or renting at KI?

Hi Krissu

Our carrentalcy (Hertz) did not allow us to take the car to KI so we didnot go at all (btw Fleurieu Peninsula is very beautiful and worth to stay a couple of days). But if your company allows, and I heard from other posters Thrifty does, why should you not take the car and avoid unpacking/packing. I really don't know why your travelagent insists. Maybe contact Thrifty directly: www.thrifty.com.au.

Good luck

Tet{:o)-

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,608 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking the car from mainland or renting at KI?

Hi Krissu. When my clients ahve rented through Thrifty they have not had to change cars for KI.

For a sensible answer Contact City Centre Travel in Adelaide . They are the local agents for Sealink.

Here is the email address for the manager- and no everyone I dont work for them but they do give me and my clients extremely good service!!

sonya.mewett@sealink.com.au

5. Re: Taking the car from mainland or renting at KI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 13, 2009