We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Parking in Cape Jervis

Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Free Parking in Cape Jervis

We are planning a very low budget trip to KI for 6 days. We have friends who live on the island and will lend us their car, does anyone know is it is possible to park anywhere in Cape Jervis free of charge (back streets without parking restrictions) for that length of time? If so is it walking distance to the ferry terminal?

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Parking in Cape Jervis

I am sure you could park it overnight near the ferry terminal or in Cape Jervis itself but it is a bit of a walk down the hill if you're in the town. It's a tiny town so there would be no charge for parking in the ferry car park, I am sure that many do but of course there is always a risk.... Main thing is not to leave any valuables in your car. I would take a chance and head there early and talk to some locals, I'm sure someone would help

Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Parking in Cape Jervis

Thanks for your reply. I was pretty certain that there wouldn't be parking restrictions, however thought I'd check just in case the local council there had parking restrictions to try and catch people who leave their car for a few days. We will head down early and check it out. Thanks again

3. Re: Free Parking in Cape Jervis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:03 am, September 07, 2013
4. Re: Free Parking in Cape Jervis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 08, 2014