We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WINTER in Kangaroo Island! help!

sydney
13 posts
Save Topic
WINTER in Kangaroo Island! help!

Can anyone tell me what the weather on Kangaroo Island is like during the month of August? I''m afraid that it will be too windy, wet and cold!

Please someone let me know, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: WINTER in Kangaroo Island! help!

Well kaon that's why our last SA tourism campaign was called SA Secrets.

We like to keep it all to ourselves and pleasantly surprise those who take the trouble to come.

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
813 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: WINTER in Kangaroo Island! help!

I know this post is quite old, but was wondering what 'cold' is? We're planning a trip to KI beginning of Sept 08'. What kind of temperature can I expect? I'm from Chicago so I'm used to the cold, but wondering if it will make seeing the sights less enjoyable. WE only have a little over 2 weeks in AU so we do have to narrow our itinerary down some how. Maybe KI isn't the place to go? Only placed we are married to at this point is Cairns to dive other than that we'd like to see Uluru and Sydney.

thanks!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: WINTER in Kangaroo Island! help!

Cold for KI will be a daytime temp of around 15degrees C in Sept. Certainly not warm enough for swimming as the water is quite cold all year round.

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: WINTER in Kangaroo Island! help!

What about August? What's the average high/low temp then? Thanks!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: WINTER in Kangaroo Island! help!

August can be very cold wet and windy. Expect day time temps of 12 degrees or less. But maybe ocassionaly sunny days up to 18 degrees.

16. Re: WINTER in Kangaroo Island! help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, September 23, 2009