We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kangaroo Island Gray Line tours with Sealink

New Canaan...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Kangaroo Island Gray Line tours with Sealink

We took the Gray line/Seal link tour of Kangaroo Island in early Feb 2013 and it was fabulous. It was a one day tour, ferry over and fly back. Our tour guides were awesome on both ends: bus to ferry and then bus on island. Very informative and knowledgeable!! actually the best we had for entire trip to Australia. Everything worked! We had on day only and for one day I recommend this option.

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kangaroo Island Gray Line tours with Sealink

It might be better to post this as a review of a tour rather than in the Question forum where it will disappear.

Feedback is invaluable and adding your opinion of this tour from a traveller perspective would be most helpful to others who will research "things to do" on kangaroo island

Glad you enjoyed it... and thank you !

Kendal, UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kangaroo Island Gray Line tours with Sealink

Am looking to do a kangaroo day tour, but they all look a bit rushed as they pack loads in. Would you say it was rushed or a nice pace. Did you spend alot of time travelling from one thing to another. Thanks

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
10 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kangaroo Island Gray Line tours with Sealink

We stayed in Adelaide. It was at least 1 1/2 hour bus ride to ferry. The ferry was 50 minutes each way! spent a lot of the day traveling to Kangaroo Island and going from place to place. I wished I booked a few nights on the island. Many animas were scarce because of the heat! There are lots of sea lions and seals! The island is very big!! It needs more than one day in my opinion.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kangaroo Island Gray Line tours with Sealink

It's pretty much impossible to have a relaxed day tour of KI due to the distances that need to be covered, particularly if you are starting in Adelaide.

Having said that, I've actually done the Sealink day tour (sealink.com.au/kangaroo-island-tours/day-tou…) and for what it was I thought it was rather good. Ideally you'd want to spend more time on the island to get a feel for the place and explore at a comfortable pace but at least you get to see some of the main highlights (Seal Bay, Admiral's Arch, Remarkable Rocks). Very tiring day though.

Even if you did their two day tour (sealink.com.au/kangaroo-island-tours/extende…) you'd have a bit more time to take it all in.

Edited: 3:13 am, March 17, 2013
5. Re: Kangaroo Island Gray Line tours with Sealink

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 19, 2014