We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days on KI advice

Minneapolis...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Two days on KI advice

Hi All, I've got two days on KI in early June and am struggling w/ where to stay. We'd really like to make sure that we see the koalas (kangaroos and wallaby's too) but I hear that night is best. Should we stay on the West End near Flinders Chase (KIWR?) to ensure that we can do some night time viewing or will 2 nights in Kingscote w/ a day trip to the west end get us enough of a wildlife experience? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,903 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two days on KI advice

If wildlife is your desire I wouldnt stay in Kingscote!

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two days on KI advice

If you want to stay near wildlife then look for places to stay down the western end. Places where they wallabies and koalas are on your doorstep. Also .. an idea of budget may help us point you in the right direction

Minneapolis...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Two days on KI advice

Thanks for the input. We'd like to keep it around 200-300/night max.

4. Re: Two days on KI advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 28, 2012