We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dogs - can you take them

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Dogs - can you take them

Can you take dogs over to kanagroo island on the ferry?

Planning to go for just the day and wanted to take dog with us but not sure if allowed?

If we can, what can we do for the day while we are there that we can take dog along too.

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dogs - can you take them

You can take your dog on the ferry but they have to remain in the car .. .check the sealink website for exact details but I've seen caravans and dogs on there before. As for what to do? well you can't take them into the parks for obvious reasons so that would restrict you to the general beaches, towns and bushwalks outside state parks.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dogs - can you take them

Thanks for your reply. I tried looking on the ferry website but couldn't find anything about dogs. Are you able to stay in the car with them?

Level Contributor
827 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dogs - can you take them

sealink.com.au/about-sealink/faqs/#Q_Can_I_t…

Q Can I take my dog on the ship and are they charged for?

A Yes you can take your pet onto the ship. With the exception of 'seeing-eye' dogs, your dog must be restrained with a lead and remain with you at all times. Dogs are only allowed on the top decks of the vessel or may be left in your vehicle, should you wish. There is no charge for dogs.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dogs - can you take them

Thanks!

I looked in FAQs but couldn't see anything about dogs! Maybe time for an eye test!

Level Contributor
827 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dogs - can you take them

@wells67,

Just to flesh that out, re staying in the car:

sealink.com.au/about-sealink/faqs/#Q_Can_I_a…

Q Can I access my car during the ferry crossing?

A It is safer if you do not, however if you need to, please ask one of our crew who will be happy to assist you.

6. Re: Dogs - can you take them

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, March 07, 2011