We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KI Beaches

Adelaide
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
KI Beaches

We just returned from a week on this amazing island. First time I have ever visist and I am a Southern Adelaide local. We took our 4WD and covered most of the island. I was really surprised to see just how remote and unspoilt this island really is. I have travelled alot, and I think KI's beaches are the best I've seen. Unbelievable blues!! get out there and explore, not just the main touristy sights, but get out on those dirt roads! the Tammar wallaby population on the island is quite remarkable. If your interested here is my facebook link to some beach shots! ciao

www.facebook.com/album.php…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,742 posts
1,704 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KI Beaches

Thanks for sharing tjwattsy, I also agree the beaches are wild and beautiful . The water certainly has a beautiful turquoise tinge to it especially around Vivonne Bay and Point Ellen.

EM.

Mentioned in this post
Vivonne Bay
Vivonne Bay
South Australia, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KI Beaches

Vivonne Bay was voted "AUSTRALIAS BEST BEACH" following a university study a few years back. It was rated such due to the lack of buildings along foreshore, colour and quality of water, cleanliness of air and many other factors. It truly is a beautiful beach and bay isn't it! I also love Hanson Bay. If you had a week to just travel around the beaches you'd also discover some amazing ones tucked into niches along the North Coast such as Snug Cove, Kangaroo Beach and Western River Cove...

There is a walk at Flinders Chase, the Rocky River walk, which leads you down to another stunning private beach

Mentioned in this post
Vivonne Bay
Vivonne Bay
South Australia, Australia
Hanson Bay
Hanson Bay
Kangaroo Island, Australia
Flinders Chase
Flinders Chase
Kangaroo Island, Australia
TN
Level Contributor
527 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KI Beaches

May I ask where you stayed on KI?

Adelaide
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: KI Beaches

We stayed 4 nights at the lovelly waves and wildlife at stokes bay. Great place to explore the north coast. also awesome to watch the Kangaroos graze in the evening from your balcony. it was funny seeing them punch on, never seen the western greys do that, also heaps of tammar wallabies around in their prefered coastal scrub. We then camped at western KI caravan park, nice shady camping spots. We then camped the last night on a cliff in vivionne bay - beautiful!

5. Re: KI Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 13, 2010