We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise at Remarkable Rocks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Sunrise at Remarkable Rocks

My husband is very keen to take photos of the Remarkable Rocks at sunrise. Is that possible? Which are the recommended accommodation places which will make this easier? Thank you very much!

Mentioned in this post
Remarkable Rocks
Remarkable Rocks
283 Reviews
Kangaroo Island, Australia
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
791 posts
707 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise at Remarkable Rocks

Not sure. Remarkable Rocks is in a NP - here is the website:

http://www.parks.sa.gov.au/parks/index.htm

If you stay in the NP, probably,

if they open gates at a particular time & you are staying outside may be a problem. (at a superficial look at the site couldn't tell)

Mentioned in this post
Remarkable Rocks
Remarkable Rocks
283 Reviews
East Gippsland
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise at Remarkable Rocks

No gates as far as I know. B & Bs with a Koala Park. Should be somewhere to take a motorhome or camp. Remarkable Rocks a fair distance from Accommodation.

Yes , ask the The National Park Rangers, they are a friendly lot.

Mentioned in this post
Remarkable Rocks
Remarkable Rocks
283 Reviews
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
495 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise at Remarkable Rocks

Remarkable Rocks is within the Flinders Chase National Park and Kangaroo Island

Wilderness Retreat is close to the entrance. It is some way from there to Remarkable Rocks, so you would need a car.

You do need to be very careful driving around dusk and in the dark because of the abundant wildlife, much of which sits on the road or near, and seems to be attracted by headlights.

Mentioned in this post
Remarkable Rocks
Remarkable Rocks
283 Reviews
Flinders Chase National Park
Flinders Chase National...
1,400 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunrise at Remarkable Rocks

Thank you very much for all the contributions. I'll check with the Park itself to see what we can do.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunrise at Remarkable Rocks

Hey Jill

It's definitely possible to take photos at sunrise. And it will be beautiful! I've been there myself.

KI has plenty of accommodation and you can see accom near Remarkable Rocks here at the KI website:

http://www.tourkangarooisland.com.au/accommodation/results.aspx?dw_op=qp&dw_acsm=region&dw_cat=ACCOMM&dw_domregion=South+Coast

Mentioned in this post
Remarkable Rocks
Remarkable Rocks
283 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
64 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunrise at Remarkable Rocks

Hi guys - thank you so much for your posts. I found an accommodation in the national park itself. It's called May's Homestead. I'll write a review about it when I'm back from the trip. One could also stay at the Lighthouse cottages at Cape du Couedic - which is like - right next to Remarkable Rocks. But they require a minimum of 2 nights - and we only have one night to spare. The national park HQ people were very helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Remarkable Rocks
Remarkable Rocks
283 Reviews
7. Re: Sunrise at Remarkable Rocks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 26, 2009