We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things To See and Do

St. Cloud, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Things To See and Do

A couple of friends of mine and I will be in Coober Pedy in November, and have planned to do a tour, either Desert Cave Town Tour or Radeka's Desert Breakaways Tour. Would one be recommended over the other? We are thinking on doing The Old Timers Mine. The tour is 4 hours, and I'm wondering what are other "must sees" in the area. We will have a car, and will be there for one full day.

Thanks so much for any help!

Southern Alberta
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Things To See and Do

Yep, I think the golf course is the same. You need a patch of fake grass to take along to put the ball on. The 'greens' aren't green, but oiled sand I think.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,462 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Things To See and Do

The Coober Pedy golf course is hilarious. Sand and oil, exactly like the golf course we had in Saudi Arabia. There's even a sign saying ' Keep off the Grass'. It's a hoot, all the more so as it supposedly is the only golf course in the world that has reciprocal playing rights with St Andrews. Truth or fiction? I have no idea.

13. Re: Things To See and Do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, April 15, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Coober Pedy