We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Adelaide

Melbourne
Level Contributor
107 posts
96 reviews
Weekend in Adelaide

I'm planning a girls weekend to Adelaide and want to find out a) best place to stay near great eateries and some fun shopping b) some massage therapy and c) a winery day. Finishing off the weekend with a yoga session before heading home. Looking at December so should be pretty good weather. :) Thank you

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
10,309 posts
1,357 reviews
1. Re: Weekend in Adelaide

Greetings

I suggest you stay in a city hotel- several offer weekend special deals

These hotels come to mind: Playford, Mayfair....

Bon voyage :-)

AT

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,715 posts
47 reviews
2. Re: Weekend in Adelaide

Weekend notes has a whole category for such stuff.

www.weekendnotes.com/adelaide/girls-day-out/

I suspect it's a case of picking the activities then deciding on a accommodation location that suits

The CBD will have the eateries and the shopping, and more shopping and day spas on the southern or eastern sides but going down to the beach, the Barossa or the SouthCoast and staying at a hotel there will open up other possibilities..

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
793 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Weekend in Adelaide

Hi!

For accommodation near eateries try...

The Majestic, Crowne, or Mantra (Hindmarsh Square) for Rundle Street East.

Hilton International or Quest on Franklin for Adelaide Central Market and Gouger Street.

Finally the Mayfair, Stamford Plaza, Intercontinental, Playford or Miller Apartments for Laneway bars/cafes/restaurants on Leigh, Peel, Gilbert and Gresham Streets.

They are all within a short distance of each other so a taxi would not be that expensive. Or you can free bus or Tram during the day

for Sunday breakfast/Brunch try the Market Shed on Holland...You could also check to see if the Gillies Street Market is on when you are in town.

Not into massages but perhaps try the Jurlique Day Spa in Rundle Mall.

Winery day tours take your pick from McLaren Vale, Barossa Valley or Adelaide Hills. Lots to choose from...from Coaches to boutique operators. Perhaps check online with each of the Visitor Information Centres for each region to see what may appeal.

Cheers!

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
105 reviews
4. Re: Weekend in Adelaide

I've had some great ladies weekends in the city.. my pick is the Mayfair (for the rooms.. best beds ever) unless budget is tight.. then perhaps look at the Ibis. There's no shortage of great restaurants so perhaps post back here with the type of thing you like to eat and we can help. Sean's Kitchen and Madame Hanoi are good choices for groups of girls (have done so myself) also make sure to visit The Hennessy Lounge and 2KW Rooftop bars if the weather is good.

Visit the bars of Leigh and Peel street .(make sure you try to find Maybe Mae .. ask a local !) . just go and wander.. also Bank Street Social .. if you are in the city . As for spa's .. you can find an endota or jurlique OR just out of the city is Temple Day Spa (short taxi ride) in Unley. They can put together something great for a group. As for winery tours look at Getaways in the Barossa.. they run trips from Adelaide to the Barossa, Also Groovy Grape perhaps?

5. Re: Weekend in Adelaide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 01, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Adelaide