We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living on Kangaroo Island

ENGLAND
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Living on Kangaroo Island

The place looks too good to be true, is it? I am seriously contemplating moving there witrh my family, any opinions?

new jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Living on Kangaroo Island

You would love a visit but don't think you could live there. Nothing to do for work.....it is even more beautiful than the pictures!

new jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Living on Kangaroo Island

I have been to Kangaroo Island....it is even more beautiful than it looks. BUT-I don't think you could live there. There isn't much. Don't know what you do for a living but if it isn't tending sheep then good luck......go see it however you will never forget it!

Sandy

New Jersey USA

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Living on Kangaroo Island

I do know someone who lives there full time but they own a cafe/petrol station on the island so they can make a living. It does seem if you are going into touristy things then it is possible to make a living but for other jobs it would be limited. I also know someone who has a holiday home and they love it there for their long weekends or throughout the summer holidays.

It is somewhere definately on my list of places to visit when we get out there but no way for settling down for good.

Sasha x

Nashville, TN
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Living on Kangaroo Island

Sounds cool...i am going to visit there in February.

Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Living on Kangaroo Island

What do you do for a living, Steve? It is a beautiful place and lives up to every bit of its publicity. If you are in the hospitality industry then there is a good chance of work-it is not all farming and fishing.