We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group Stay in Adelaide CBD?

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Group Stay in Adelaide CBD?

Can anyone suggest a hotel/apartment/house for a group of about 6 singles wanting to stay the weekend in Adelaide. As close to the CBD or tram line as possible. If we could all stay in one or 2 rooms that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,059 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group Stay in Adelaide CBD?

G'day BB,

Do you have a set date and rate range in mind?

Without specifics, my initial thought is the iStay Precinct. Central location only three blocks off King William and Victoria Square, really reasonable weekend rates (approximately AUD$280 for two bedroom), and it's one of very few apartments that offer an unusual 4 x Single room configuration. So it's effectively like two Twins in one apartment. Very upmarket and modern, and fantastic value.

This configuration gives the option of a cheaper second apartment for two pax, reducing the overall cost.

www.oakshotelsresorts.com/oaks-precinct/

Alternative would be the Oaks Embassy, which has a Queen + 2 x Single Option, starting around AUD $233 for a two night minimum stay. Not as modern, but great location.

Edited: 12:25 pm, March 06, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,059 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Group Stay in Adelaide CBD?

Apologies BB, half asleep.

That's supposed to be written as 'equally modern but not as new a property' - in reference to Oaks Embassy. Still a great property and strong location on North Terrace.

Another property that just came to mind, is the BreakFree on Hindley St, which also has a 4 x Single configuration. But I think theirs is not a permanent configuration, so Im guessing its a zipper King split on request only - which means they are limited. For it's location and product, it's slightly overpriced against the others in my view.

Edited: 12:46 pm, March 06, 2014
Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Group Stay in Adelaide CBD?

Thanks KVE. Budget isn't an issue just wanting either a 3/4 bedroom apartment or the 4 x singles seems like a good option also. A couple of them should do the trick :)

I've stayed quite a few times in Embassy and Horizons so I know they are good products. Although I thought they only did 2 x Queen beds.

Edited: 3:41 am, March 07, 2014
4. Re: Group Stay in Adelaide CBD?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, March 09, 2015