We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renewing Brithish Passport from Adelaide

Which Adelaide hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Renewing Brithish Passport from Adelaide

Have always found answers to my questions on the Trip Advisor forums and am hoping some one will be able to advise me on this one. I have done major research but I think I am confusing my self more. I thought it would be just applying to the British Embassy in Canberra but from what I can understand, they don't do this anymore and it is done through New Zealand? I sent them an email but they have not answered. I saw that it can also be done through Australia Post but a friend (Australia Post employee) said they don't do this anymore. Has anyone recently renewed their British Passport and able to tell me which way they did it. I have the red passport. Really appreciate any advice given. Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
828 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renewing Brithish Passport from Adelaide

UK government website indicates you need to complete an online application, print it, sign it and post it to the UK. Takes at least 4 weeks. Do you need your replacement passport sooner than that?

Edited: 1:01 am, March 01, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renewing Brithish Passport from Adelaide

No. don't need it til September. Thanks for your prompt reply

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,562 posts
1,326 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renewing Brithish Passport from Adelaide

auspost.com.au/travel-id/british-passports.h…

Here's the link to the Australia Post webpage on this subject

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renewing Brithish Passport from Adelaide

Thank you. This is my next stop. Have to wait til next Saturday as I can't get to a suitable post office during the week. There are only certain ones that do British Passports.

Adelaide, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Renewing Brithish Passport from Adelaide

Here's the link you need :)

https:/…adult

Pretty much all done on-line, the prices have just dropped and FYI this is a new process (am going through atm) so some confusion if you go into Aus Post

HTH

Edited: 12:17 am, May 08, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renewing Brithish Passport from Adelaide

Thank you. All done through Gov.uk. However, they apparently are running really behind. They received my paperwork on the 28th March and were only working on the 8th March. Its been 5 weeks now. Also, our travel agent told us that although you send it to Britain, it apparently comes back through New Zealand. One of her clients told her this. Lucky our trip isn't till September. Wouldn't even bother with the Post Office. They charge just to check the paperwork. There was actually nothing worrisome about that. Costs enough without any extras. Good luck with your application.

7. Re: Renewing Brithish Passport from Adelaide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 10, 2015