We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KI Overnight Tour - Luggage Question

London, UK
Level Contributor
278 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
KI Overnight Tour - Luggage Question

Hello, I am in the very early days of planning our trip to Australia (April/May time). We would love to visit Adelaide and KI. At the moment I am planning a night or two in Adelaide before and after our trip to KI and I am looking at the 2 day excursions to KI. But I was wondering what we would do with our luggage when we go to KI - would we a) take the whole suitcase with us to KI (although that would cut out the flying option as it would weigh more than 15kg) b) leave the suitcase at our hotel (if they allowed this) and just take an overnight bag or c) book a hotel for the entire duration in Adelaide even though we wouldn't sleep in the room for one night so we could leave our suitcase there and again just take an overnight bag.

I would be grateful for any thoughts or suggestions anyone might have. Many thanks. I last visited Australia in 1995 but sadly didn't get to Adelaide!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,742 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KI Overnight Tour - Luggage Question

If you are returning to your hotel after your trip, you could ask if they will store your excess luggage. If you don't ask...

If not, there are lockers at Adelaide Airport.

From the Adelaide Airport web site.

"Lockers are located near the car rental offices on the ground floor of the multi-level car park.

If you exceed your anticipated time you will be required to pay the balance on return.

For enquiries relating to lockers please contact Smartecarte on 1800 808 251 .

See the Baggage Locker FAQ located at www.baggagestorage.com.au.

Small (420mm H x 900mm D x 420mm W)

For storing items such as Hand bags, Carry-on luggage, Shopping bags, Small backpacks.

$8.00 per 24 hours.

Medium (520mm H x 900mm D x 420mm W)

For storing items such as Medium size cases, Motorcycle helmet & gear, Large tools, Boxes.

$10.00 per 24 hours.

Large (864mm H x 900mm D x 420mm W)

For storing items such as Large backpacks, Musical instruments, Strollers, variety of sporting equipment.

$12.00 per 24 hours."

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KI Overnight Tour - Luggage Question

Either use a locker or ask the hotel,. I'd be happy to store it for you if you're really stuck as Im not too far from the airport. Enjoy KI !

London, UK
Level Contributor
278 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KI Overnight Tour - Luggage Question

Thanks so much for your replies. The lockers at the airport look promising (just need to measure my case!) or alternatively we will ask the hotel. Thank you so much for your kind offer TW-Yachtgal (you could set yourself up in business!) Am having so much fun planning our trip and KI just looks amazing ...

4. Re: KI Overnight Tour - Luggage Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 15, 2014