We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adelaide accommodation near motorhome drop off

Which Adelaide hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Adelaide accommodation near motorhome drop off

We are dropping our motor home off on Sir Donald Bradman Drive in Adelaide then flying our the next morning. Can anyone suggest handy comfortable accommodation to the airport from our drop off. We would hae spent three weeks coming down the centre.

Much appreciated

Antrim 91

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,790 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adelaide accommodation near motorhome drop off

Adelaide isn't a particularly big city, and the airport isn't very far from the city centre.

Where along Sir Donald Bradman Drive is the drop off?

I'd be tempted to drop off your luggage at the hotel first, then return the motorhome. That way, you could choose any of the hotels in the city, as opposed to staying in a smaller motel out in the suburbs.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,577 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adelaide accommodation near motorhome drop off

The airport is only a 10 minute drive from the CBD. I would stay in the city - or you could stay at the Airport Motel - but it has had very awful reviews in the past and its a pretty dead part of town - or maybe the Rex Hotel - 5 mins from the airport and quite near your motorhome dropoff. http://www.therexhotel.com.au/ I dont know what the rooms are like but food and bar service is quite good and they have live music on some nights.

Edited: 1:37 am, April 01, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adelaide accommodation near motorhome drop off

Pretty sure your drop off is closer to Marion rd end of Sir Donald, you are not far as in walking distance to the airport. (realize you won't be walking)it would be a short taxi ride to the Aviators Lodge motel on Tapley's Hill Road down from Harbour Town approx 5mins drive from the airport entrance, Glenelg Motel closer to Anzac Highway & Glenelg, two motels on Anzac Highway, Comfort Inn & Adelaide International Motel & the Bay Motel on the Broadway at Glenelg.Ask when you drop the motor home off whether they could do you a favour and transport you to the motel, no harm in asking.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Adelaide accommodation near motorhome drop off

If it were I, I'd just start in the city centre. You'll stay in a much more comfortable hotel and it will not take that long to get to the airport. Good luck!

5. Re: Adelaide accommodation near motorhome drop off

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 03, 2014