We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must do Restaurants

Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Must do Restaurants

Any Recommendations for Must do eateries in Adelaide?

We will be staying there for 5 days.

Cheers

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must do Restaurants

Can you advise what cuisine you are after? We have hudreds of amazing restaurants but it would be impossible to advise without some idea of preferred cuisines, location and budget.

No use if we suggest a meal at the Star of Greece or Victory Hotel, for example, if you are stuck in the CBD without a car.

Let us know the types of experiences you are seeking (5 star, funky, asianfusion, italian, seafood etc) and whether you are able to travel or simply wish to walk /taxi to close locations from your accommodation.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,273 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must do Restaurants

Our list from recent experience.

www.rivercafe.com.au

www.chianticlassico.com.au

www.windypoint.com.au

www.auge.com.au ( we, company guests)

www.houseofchow.com.au

Best Vietnamese for value and great food www.vietnamvillage.com.au

Best Chinese also for value and great food, Rice Chinese restaurant, Parkside

Greek restaurant, Estias Henley Beach

Adelaide, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must do Restaurants

Not sure what your budget is?

River Cafe, Chianti classico, Windy Point and Auge are all quite pricey.

If you are looking for something more mid price range, try Gusto on The Parade at Norwood (Italian), The Star of Siam in Gouger Street city(fantastic Thai), The Earl of Leicester at Parkside do a fabulous steak.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must do Restaurants

hi,

we have enjoyed numerous restaurants in Adelaide. It really comes down to your budget & what type of food you like. ??

As mentioned Chianti Classico & Auge are fab expensive restaurants. We also like Enzo's Ristorante - lovely Italian. tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g255093-d931…

Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must do Restaurants

Many thanks for all those suggestions. We will be staying in the CBD so will be catching taxis.

We like a wide variety of cuisines and dont mind paying for good food but not ripped off by pretentiousness.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must do Restaurants

Rigonis, Italian on Leigh Street

Press on Waymouth St (recently voted best in Adelaide)

Melt for casual pizza on Waymouth st. My favourite pizza in Adelaide

Chianti on Hutt St

Andres Polenta Bar on Frome St

the Greek on Halifax

Shiki in Intercontinental Hotel. V Exp.

Amalfis on Frome St for casual Italian

Lucias for breakfast or coffee in central market

Parade Thai on Norwood Parade (although you could find good Thai down Gouger but I havent been down there for dinner in years)

jasmin in Hindmarsh Sq for seriously good Indian

On Leigh st there is a v good coffee shop (coffee bank or something)

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Most of my rest suggestions (unless I say casual) are at the upper end price wise.

Edited: 5:12 am, March 06, 2013
Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must do Restaurants

Thanks so much . I feel the kilos piling on already.

Edited: 6:08 am, March 06, 2013
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Must do Restaurants

Had lunch at Press the other day.. was quite good... Always love Amalfi, Gauchos, Star of Siam, Chianti

Breakfast at ETC on East Terrace next to Botanic

Jasmin for indian

Any asian places near the Central Market for Laksa etc

Enjoy your stay !

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Must do Restaurants

Work off the kgs with a walk down North Terrace to the art gallery. There is a great William Turner exhibition on which is quite a coup for Adelaide.

TWY - glad to hear Press was good. We are booked in for our wed ann in a few weeks time. Looking forward to it.

Red Ruby Flamingo on Tynte St in Nth Adelaide is another uber trendy, new spot. Great pasta although I didn't rate the entrees as much. It is a no booking system and quite busy but plenty of pubs around that area if you needed to put your name down and wait. Was quite well priced too for quality of the food.

10. Re: Must do Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:07 am, March 14, 2013
Edited: 10:07 am, March 14, 2013