We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kangroo Island to Melbourne in 5nts/6days

Pune, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Kangroo Island to Melbourne in 5nts/6days

Hi , We are a family of 3 (me, wife& 9yr old) from India planning to Hire a Motor-home ( Camper Van) in May from Adelaide and Drive to Melbourne.

I have 6nts/7days to get to Melbourne of which Day1/Day 2 @ Kangroo Island is planned

From Kangroo island onwards to Melbourne I seek advice on the Route, where to stop , Places to see etc. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

DriveaLot

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,431 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kangroo Island to Melbourne in 5nts/6days

We made the drive from KI to Melbourne in about 4 days with our kids. A couple of the stops that they particularly enjoyed were: Naracoorte Caves National Park (South Australia) and Flagstaff HIll in Warnambool, Victoria.

It's not clear if you are spending time in/around Adelaide prior to going to KI, but be sure to include a stop at Cleland Wildlife Park--it's excellent.

Edited: 3:25 pm, February 11, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kangroo Island to Melbourne in 5nts/6days

how long are you staying on kangaroo island for. From adelaide down there will be the best part of a morning to mid afternoon depending on ferry times. One full day on kangaroo island you are not going to see much as it is bigger than you think. Day 3 will be departing and then heading around Lake Alexandrina and then perhaps head to Meningie and then onto Robe. Day 4 onwards will see you down the Great Ocean Road and into Melbourne.

3. Re: Kangroo Island to Melbourne in 5nts/6days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 13, 2014