We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adelaide\Kangaroo Island

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Adelaide\Kangaroo Island

Having done Melbourne, Tasmania, Sydney and up east coast to Cairns we now want to visit either WA or SA - don't think we can do both in one trip so thinking Adelaide then up centre to Uluru\Alice Springs and on to Darwin and Kakadu NP. We normally spend couple of nights\days in the city and then pick up motorhome for rest of our travels. Can you take mhomes onto KI and are there caravan parks\campsites on the island? Also seems to be a lot to do around Adelaide and wondering how long to spend in these parts before heading to AS - any suggestions greatly appreciated. Talking about April 2014.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,742 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Adelaide\Kangaroo Island

Different dates for different states.

australia.com/plan/before-you-go/australian-…

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Adelaide\Kangaroo Island

alldownunder.com/australian-dates/schedule-s…

Kangaroo Island...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Adelaide\Kangaroo Island

the next holiday are at Easter 29th march to1st April . school holidays 12thApril to 29th that for South Australia.,Australian Capital Territorry ,NSW 15th April for Queensland ,Northen Territory Victoria to 6th May if you are looking for camping grounds to stay at we have plenty of room as we have just opened.

Hope this will help you out a little and we would love for you so come and stay with us if you come to Kangaroo Island

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Adelaide\Kangaroo Island

Tony the OP is asking about 2014!

Kangaroo Island...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Adelaide\Kangaroo Island

oops sorry about that . having a blonde moment!!

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Adelaide\Kangaroo Island

Thank you for all the info. Tony - I am too old to have blonde moments - I call mine 'senior' moments!!

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Adelaide\Kangaroo Island

notice u r new to TA, tony.

u might want to read up on TA guidelines regarding self promotion on forums.

there is a thin line between giving advice of where to stay and who makes the recommendation..

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Adelaide\Kangaroo Island

Yes I agree Tony.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
374 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Adelaide\Kangaroo Island

Haggis, you say you like walking, well there is heaps throughout SA. The national parks produce many useful brochures like this one: …sa.gov.au/files/d3e266ca-f4ff-491c-96b8-9e4…

Given the route you have outlined google Deep Creek conservation park, The Heysen Trail, Mambray Creek/Mt remarkable national park, Wipena Pound, Flinders Ranges National Park, Gammon Ranges NP.

play around with this website: …sa.gov.au/parks/Visiting/Bushwalking

visit the Scout Shop, Rundle St east for good walking guides. Also this site: southaustraliantrails.com/…

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Adelaide\Kangaroo Island

Hi Lee - just what I wanted, thank you so much for all the links.