We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adelaide In July with Kids

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Adelaide In July with Kids

Hi

We are travelling to Adelaide in July from Sydney for a short holiday. We are staying on Kangaroo Island for two nights but we have two days in Adelaide also which I am unsure what to do.

I have two girls, aged 4 & 6.

We are staying at a caravan park which is only 10 minutes from the City and we will have a hire car.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Adelaide
Adelaide
Greater Adelaide, Australia
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Kangaroo Island
Kangaroo Island
South Australia, Australia
Adelaide
Level Contributor
512 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adelaide In July with Kids

Catch the tram to glenelg. There is an amusement place there called the beach house and my daughter loves going there. If you have a hire car, Hahndorf is a nice day trip and there is a fairy shop there too and you can go strawberry picking at the beeremburg farm too. The museum on north terrace has some cool exhibits in it. Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Hahndorf
Hahndorf
Adelaide Hills, Australia
Sydney, Australia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adelaide In July with Kids

Thanks for your help.That all sounds great.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,884 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adelaide In July with Kids

If you are staying at Brighton CP or Marion Big4, I would drive to Glenelg. You can always walk on the Jetty and the kids play on the foreshore if it is not raining as well as pay to use the Beach House.

The SA Aquatic Centre at Marion will keep the kids amused if you bring their bathers.

A visit to the Gorge Wildlife Park may be of interest or the Adelaide Zoo to see the pandas.

www.gorgewildlifepark.com.au

www.adelaidezoo.com.au

www.saaquatic.ymca.org.au

www.thebeachouse.com.au

Mentioned in this post
Glenelg
Glenelg
Greater Adelaide, Australia
Gorge Wildlife Park
Gorge Wildlife Park
333 Reviews
Cudlee Creek, Australia
Adelaide Zoo
Adelaide Zoo
2,633 Reviews
Adelaide, Australia
Sydney, Australia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adelaide In July with Kids

Thanks for your help and the links.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,531 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adelaide In July with Kids

The children might enjoy a ride on "Popeye" www.thepopeye.com.au

and a visit to the zoo to see the giant pandas

www.southaustralia.com

Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adelaide In July with Kids

There's a mini rail park at millswood, not open all the time sasamir, I think it's called...ice skating at thebarton(catch the tram), haighs chocolate factory2 mins from the city does tours if u book. Farm barn at hahndorf is good for little kids

7. Re: Adelaide In July with Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:43 pm, June 21, 2013