We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Lights @ North Terrace

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
389 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Northern Lights @ North Terrace

Will there be 'Northern Lights' projections on the buildings along North Terrace this year?

Level Contributor
827 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern Lights @ North Terrace

@leisure2go,

No. 'Northern Lights' has been a part of the past 2 Festivals of Arts; the Festival is currently bi-ennial being held in the 'even' years, and 2011 is an 'off' (as opposed to 'on' year).

Northern Lights was *so* popular in 2008 (organisers extended the season), it was brought back for 2010.

The Festival of Arts will go annual from 2013.

Edited: 6:54 am, January 23, 2011
Level Contributor
827 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Northern Lights @ North Terrace

@Leisure2go,

Sorry - I should also have mentioned the Rundle Lantern - not the same as Northern Lights at all - but worth a look.

The Rundle Lantern is a light show which is created on the multi-deck car park on the corner of Rundle Street and Pulteney Street in the city. It runs every night between dusk and midnight. So, if you're in the City of an evening, do go and have a look.

http://www.rundlelantern.com.au/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
389 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Northern Lights @ North Terrace

Thank you Dr_Rudi.

Wrong timing - would have love to be there when the Northern Lights are on. What a shame! On the bright side - an incentive to visit Adelaide again.

Will definitely have a look at 'Rundle Lantern'. This info is much appreciated. I haven't come across this in any of my research. Thanks again.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Northern Lights @ North Terrace

Hey there - though the Northern Lights aren't on this year, the Fringe is about to start in a week's time. The Fringe / Festival is one of the best times to be in Adelaide, with loads of events to enjoy.

Cheers

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Northern Lights @ North Terrace

Hi, I would like to know when the lights will be on again please.

I complement the organizers of this facinating display and would love to see it become an annual event. I think it is one of our best tourist attractions and should be promoted to the maximum. thank you.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
711 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Northern Lights @ North Terrace

I agree with you, those northern lights were awesome. They should make it an annual event. It'll keep Adelaide from being labelled a boring city. =D

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Northern Lights @ North Terrace

Hi, Is there any further infomation on when the North Terrace lights will be on again?

Adelaide, South...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Northern Lights @ North Terrace

I just called the Adelaide Festival office and apparently it's not on this year.

In true form, Adelaide fails to recognize a major draw card. Such a low-maintenance yet highly effective event. Such a shame it's not back this year.

9. Re: Northern Lights @ North Terrace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 21, 2014