We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar --- Rudest airline from Adelaide

Which Adelaide hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
2 posts
371 reviews
Save Topic
Jetstar --- Rudest airline from Adelaide

If you fly Jetstar from Adelaide, prepare to be double checked for excess weight in all bags...they won't miss you... they got me for just a few grams over.

Last week I flew to the Gold Coast with Jestar and waited in the Qantas Club. Due to a dispute between Qantas and Jetstar staff, my flight wasn't called and even though I arrived at the boarding gate exactly at 1540 boarding time I was harrassed by rude Jestar staff who pointed out the fine print on the boarding pass that said to be at the gate 45 minutes BEFORE BOARDING TIME... what a joke... who's got 45 minutes to waste at a crowded boarding gate?

I always dread flying Jetstar... Virgin and Qantas staff are consistently helpful, friendly and polite... Jetstar staff are rude and abrubt...

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Jetstar --- Rudest airline from Adelaide

Rosli, our family of 5 flew Jetstar Sydney-Phuket return last October for $500 each including our meals.

They were great, we spoke to the piolts and flight crew in Phuket airport and they were so nice and helpful and we weren't even on the plane yet.

The flight was very good and I hate flying but the flight crew would check on me and have a chat. They gave the children comfort packs for free and made sure they were settled and comfortable. Different to the Virgin flight to Fiji where we all got snarled at if we asked for anything.

Highly recommend Jetstar for this trip.

Rene

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Jetstar --- Rudest airline from Adelaide

Hi abbey...re:Jammy42's post....

This happens quite a bit with QANTAS flights...they codeshare on various routes with BA and JQ most notably but also with others. I know that when I was looking at Hawaii it was Mel-Syd with QANTAS then Syd to Hawaii with JQ- but paying a full QANTAS economy fare. Fat chance! Especially when equivalent JQ fare is something like half the price!

However, as long as they - QANTAS - disclose this (which I am sure that they do) I don't see the issue. Travellers can always say "no" (which is precisely what I did!). I think in the case mentioned it was most likely a case of the TA not mentioning it, or, if it was DIY then the poster didn't pick it up when booking on-line themselves.

Do you really think there's grounds for taking it to Fair Trading? Or, I should say, do you really think there's something in it for them to consider? Im curious.

adelaide

adelaide
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Jetstar --- Rudest airline from Adelaide

hi abbey

hi adelaide74

my wife is persific and care full as we travelled

a lot before we had our son so we check and double checked all details befor we pay any money so we even showed the attands our tickets thats when all hell broke loss.like i told the airline when i arrived back in aus that i would never fly with them again i was a ff never again i will next time pay more so i get i booked for i dont like suprises

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Jetstar --- Rudest airline from Adelaide

Hi Adelaide

Yes actually I do

If Qantas take a booking for an international flight which entails full service with meals and drinks included and then code share with another airline, I believe they would be obliged to provide exactly what would be provided if it was a Qantas flight

I have no specific knowledge of this but know we have laws which mean companies are supposed to supply what is advertised

I wish someone would take this issue up and I would certainly be making noises about it and taking it further

Qantas definitely should be informing passengers when booking that it will be with a budget airline and no meals or drinks (and blankets) are not provided unless purchased

This could cause some problems as I was listening to talk back radio this week and a TV presenters said he flew back from Vietnam with Jetstar and had booked economy ..... he didnt realise that meals were not part of the ticket (now I know I am not making excuses for him as he should have been aware of what Jetstar offers)

As you can pre-book your meals, which we did when we flew to Vietnam last year (I was extremely happy with Jetstar and had no complaints so I am not having a go at Jetstar) ... but there were no meals left to purchase so a long flight with no food .. the presenter was quite amazed that you even had to purchase a blanket

So yes there is a world of difference between Qantas and Jetstar flying internationally so imagine if a family wasn't fully aware .. had got on a Jetstar flight only to have no food as it had all been pre-purchased

Sorry to be long winded but it should be plain who you are travelling with .. and that should fall to the airlines to clarify

Evidently Jammy42 checked all the details but they still were caught out

Qantas shouldnt even sell tickets for routes they no longer fly .. As Jetstar says they are a different "company" to Qantas ... a bit of a cop out but I guess thats what happens when things go wrong

Abbey

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,232 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Jetstar --- Rudest airline from Adelaide

I just had a look on the Qantas site. It is very clear that Jetstar is the carrier for the Sydney to Osaka route and the price quoted is at the Jetstar rate - cheap. It appears that Qantas actually don't fly Sydney to Osaka, just Jetstar, so no option of flying on a Qantas aircraft.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Jetstar --- Rudest airline from Adelaide

Hi Rene (Ellietia)

Thanks for the feedback I feel I will go with Jetstar to Phuket. I read your history of posts and read about Rebecca from New Zealand. I stayed at Matamanoa many years back when it first opened. I was struck by the tragedy of Rebecca's death. I looked at the website dedicated to her and it impacted on me terribly, I'm also a parent and can only imagine the sadness that her family must be going through.

27. Re: Jetstar --- Rudest airline from Adelaide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 17, 2009