We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations

London, England
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations

I will be travelling from Melbourne to Adelaide at the end of July. I have put aside 3 nights for the trip.

Can anyone recommend good places to stop on route. Is it necessary to book the hotels beforehand or will there be availablity to just turn up in July?

Also can anyone recommend any hotels for 3 nights in Adelaide.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,086 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendations

We like the Glenelg end of the world..

Mostly because have a holiday atmosphere within the city itself. We usually stay at the Stamford Grand (mostly because Guru stays there for work and we sometimes get "frequent stayer privileges)

The Melbourne experts will let you know where to stay en route

London, England
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendations

Many Thanks Guruswife.

Just starting to look at the Sydney section of our trip now and I see you are a Sydney expert - any recomendations? At the moment we have scheduled in 4 nights. Not long I know but we are trying to fit in as much of the country as possible.

Thanks again.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,086 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendations

Where people recommend will depend on your budget. My first suggestion would be to put up a separate post asking about Sydney accom.. you'll get a wide range of answers.

In Sydney, regardless of budget it's best to try and get as close to Circular Quay as possible..

adelaide
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendations

The Stamford Grand at glenelg is really nice as is the Raddison in the middle of the city itself. I would book, just in case.Hope this helps a little. have a great trip

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendations

I think you would have no problems just turning up in July as it's winter and not as busy as summer. If you book last minute, I always use wotif on the internet, they are really good for deals. If you fancy the beach, I would go with Oaks Pier on the opposite end of the beach to the Stamford, you will get a one bed apartment for the same price as a hotel room. If you want to stay in town, the Raddisson is really nice, and they always have good deals. Their loft rooms and suites are fantastic, and they have a nice pool and gym area too. They are on North Terrace, adjacent to Rundle Mall for shopping and close to Rundle Street for cafes and bars.