We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 days what to do

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
12 days what to do

Hi all

We are currently in melbourne and will be going to adelaide around the 26th march we fly home to the uk 6th April. We are 2 adults age 30 and definitely want to spend 4-5 days in adelaide but don't know what else to do and see. Have thought about ki but only fir maybe 3nights... but what else? Got nothing booked yet so we are open to suggested intineries.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
5,148 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 days what to do

I think you need to do some research based on your interests. There is a good FAQ section which should assist you to narrow it down.

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 days what to do

Look at the videos on the TOP QUESTIONS section of this South Australia forum. decide which region suits your taste and then post back here for more detailed information and assistance.

It's impossible for anyone to help you without some idea of what you like to see/do. South Australia has amazing wildlife interactive experiences, wine, food, outback landscapes, beaches and native animals but we have no idea which appeals to you personally.

The "which Region" and Traveller Articles sections of South Australia TA are the places to start

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 days what to do

Ok I see what you mean. Well we would definitely like to see some outback and definitely beautiful ocean views also. We intend to hire a car so we can get around. Would also like some info on ki, I know a bit about what's there but not on best way of getting there, ie fly or ferry? And also the cost implications of both. Thanks

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 days what to do

There is no "best" way to get to KI... it all depends on what suits you. The road/ferry/bus trip is longer than a plane/hire car/private island tour option and obviously the cost for the latter is higher. If you hire a car you will need to check that you are able to take it on the ferry (you will find links on this by searching the KI Forum here on TA)

As a "general" rule I would personally fly down if I only had a day or two, and take the ferry if I had longer and had my own car. Sealink has many tour options so check their website to see if an Adelaide-KI-Adelaide tour might suit you. Just keep in mind that Kangaroo Island is larger than many people think and that you will only scratch the surface with a one day or overnight trip. For this reason I would recommend EITHER a Fleurieu Peninsula/KI road trip or Bus Tour option OR Fly/hire car/self drive touring of island option OR select another region(s) entirely (ie Flinders/Eyre/Barossa/Clare)

I would also put in a vote for either the Flinders Ranges and/or Eyre Peninsula There are some amazing wildlife adventures to enjoy on Eyre Peninsula and it's a great place for a road trip.

You could drive to the Flinders one day.. via the inland route (not highway 1) and see the Barossa and Clare Valley.. spend a night or two.. then drive down to Port Lincoln. This way you will get to see some outback, amazing beaches and wildlife. Once you've taken a look at the information under the Top Questions section and decide on which region (regions) you might like to visit we can then help you plan a suitable itinerary.

Edited: 6:35 pm, March 12, 2013
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 days what to do

Wow that's great I will be back thanks

6. Re: 12 days what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 14, 2014