We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Whitsunday sailing companies?

Roseville...
5 posts
Save Topic
Advice on Whitsunday sailing companies?

We are looking to join a small, crewed sailing vessel to see the Whitsundays in mid-October. I want to be sure we get a good vessel and reliable company. Any suggestions?

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Whitsunday sailing companies?

We were very happy with Windjammer. It is not a luxury boat. It takes 10 passengers and 3 crew members. My husband and I had the only room with a double bed. The other rooms took 2 each, but they had bunk beds (except for one room that had 3 bunk beds). There were no en suite bathrooms. Showers and toilets were shared.

Our captain was a highly responsible person, and demonstrated care for our safety. The crew were friendly and helpful, and the food was delicious.

I've also heard excellent reports of a somewhat larger boat called Solway Lass.

We were there in September, and the weather was wonderful. I understand October usually is the best month, from a weather point of view.

The islands were idyllic. I easily could have stayed in the Whitsundays forever and ever. :-)

USA
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Whitsunday sailing companies?

Here is a link that you might find usefull in looking for reliable sailing tours to book for the Whitsundays Islands tours. This company is reputable with the tours they book and if there is ever a problem...they seem to act on it quickly. I know of a woman that complained about a tour she had booked with them and things were not that pleasant for her on her trip. The owner of this company later removed the tour company from his site and no longer books with them. He later informed her with appologies that he was no longer doing business with them. She said she happy with thier service and would book again with them. Here's the link:

http://www.ozmagic11.homestead.com/index.html

I hope this helps!