We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hayman Island resort, Good or Bad?

Hull, UK
2 posts
Save Topic
Hayman Island resort, Good or Bad?

Can anybody help me make a decision?

I am planning on getting married at the Hayman Island resort in October 2007. However, I am now concerned after reading rather negative comments on this site. The comments mainly speak of how unsatisfactory the accommodation is in terms of attention to detail and its upkeep, inexperienced staff and a problem with wild birds!

This has obviously put doubts in my mind as to wether Hayman is the ideal location to get married. It is a lot of money to pay for somewhere that may not be as perfect as it is made out to be.

I would greatly appreciate an honest opinion of the Hayman Island resort.

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hayman Island resort, Good or Bad?

CLH24 I am as puzzled by the negative posts as you are. We are fairly casual in Oz and this may be some of the gripe. As you have probably read before I'm not sure that 5 star in Oz means the same as elsewhere, but rest assured Hayman is beautiful and still easily rates as the top island resortin The Whitsundays if not Australia.

All the islands will have a certain amount of young inexperienced staff, everyone has to start somewhere. As for the wild birds these will be beautifully coloured parrots and cockatoos and Hayman lies in the middle of a national park so yes you will see nature , lots of it both above and below the water,

The accommodation is still very nice and very spacious with everything that you need available.

I think the biggest problem with Hayman are some of the guests. Hayman is a beautiful well kept resort, with a great setting in a most beautiful part of the world, if you can't have a good time here you won't have one anywhere. We are not a third world country and cannot pay our workers $2 a month and be done with it, we are a laidback society witout any class problems and are generally very friendly and open and I honestly think that those bad reviewers would give evrywhere in Oz a similar critique.

CLH24 you are going to be in one of the most beautiful spots in the world, on the best resort available to you, at the perfect time of year, I can't see how anything can be bad about that. cheers airlian

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hayman Island resort, Good or Bad?

Hi CLH,

I agree with Airlain,

If you have not ever been to the Whitsundays you are in for a very pleasant surprise.

Last time I went to Hayman I knew it was the most beautiful place I'd ever seen. And that had nothing to do with the buildings.

We are talking south pacific paradise.

You lucky duck :)

3. Re: Hayman Island resort, Good or Bad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 12, 2009