We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear....

Sydney
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear....

Can anyone tell me what the dress code is for the restaurants, is it pretty casual?

Thanks

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear....

im pretty certain if you just get on their website,that there is the dress code explained in the various eateries.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear....

http://www.hayman.com.au/dining

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,840 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear....

The only exception is La Fontana which requires smart clothing..ie usually a long sleeve shirt, long pants and dress shoes for men, nice dress or dressy pants and top for women..you used to need a jacket and some still will wear one.

The other restaurants are smart casual in the evening, usually a collared shirt an long pants for guys and nice dress etc for women. You never were able to wear swimwear into the lunch ining at Pavillion but over the past few years the ress code has relaxed a bit.

if you meant short and thongs(flip flops) , boardies and tshirt then then answer is no not pretty casual... they will suggest you change your shoes but I havenever seen anyone refused service

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,840 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear....

OOPs should say La Fontaine...

Manchester England
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear....

I was there a couple of years ago but don't recall dress code being a huge thing, I wore flip flops the whole time and vests with skirts or long shorts for my evening meals.

6. Re: What to wear....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 13, 2010