We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

List of activities and price guide

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
List of activities and price guide

There has been a few questions lately from people enquiring about what activities are available on HI, if you go to the link below you can print up a current weekly activity sheet plus an activities price guide

www.hamiltonisland.com.au/default.asp…

Hope this is of help

new york
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: List of activities and price guide

so helpful - thanks abbey!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: List of activities and price guide

Glad to be of help Rachelnycsyd

I will look forward to reading about your trip after it is over

It seems there are a lot of New York visitors coming to the island this year, such a long way to come when you have so many beautiful islands available to you close to home

Really glad you are all coming but of course like all travellers, the lure of travelling to different lands is what keeps us interested in the world around us, one of the places I most want to visit is the Caribbean

I have travelled to New York via England, my husbands birth place, but only spent 4 days there and would love to return one day

Abbey

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
new york
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: List of activities and price guide

Please always email if you need suggestions for a future trip to New York. My email is RSK2000@aol.com. We're very much looking forward to our trip to Oz!

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: List of activities and price guide

abbey,

i read that if you book accommodation through the HI website you get free use of the non-motorised watercrafts. Does this apply to every visitor on the island (im renting on HI privately) or do you only get free use if you book the HI resort accommodation (e.g. palm terrace)?

cheers.

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: List of activities and price guide

It is complimentary to all HI clients and not private accomm. although I have seen where the buggy has been swapped to include free watersports, but a buugy is nearly a necessity on HI so have a think which way you go. cheers airlian

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: List of activities and price guide

thanks rachelnycsyd

next time I am coming to New York will definitely check with you, I didnt know tripadvisor existed when we visited NY, I only discovered it last year when we were planning a visit to Hong Kong and Thailand now of course I am addicted to it

I am disappointed when a trip is over as all the people I get to correspond with before the trip, I then lose track of unless of course I plan to return which I did to Hong Kong this year again, I loved it so much

We are going to Vietnam next year so now I log on there every day and read avidly all the hints and suggestions

Hopefully New York again one day

Thanks Abbey

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: List of activities and price guide

Hi racingstock

Hope you have looked up the link above in answer to your other question, it gives you a good idea before you go what things cost and what trips are available

Yes you do have to pay for the non-motorised activites, but trust me for the amount you will pay, more than makes up for it in comparing accommodation, the private apartments are huge and nice and most owners go that bit extra to ensure our guests have a great time

Also if you are planning on 4 days on HI, you will have so many things to do that the water sports will only be a small part of it especially if you do some off island activities, i.e The Reef, Whitehaven plus remember that Catseye is tidal so they are only available for a few hours a day anyway

As Airlian says the golf buggy is worth staying in an apartment just for the buggy alone, you will just love driving around in it and dont forget the sunset up at one tree hill

Melbourne
Level Contributor
379 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: List of activities and price guide

Thanks for this post Abbey

My sister in law (soon to be) was complaining that she couldn't find information like this anywhere, so thank you so much for making it easy for me! She'll be thrilled!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: List of activities and price guide

Always happy to help, anything else you wish to know, just ask

10. Re: List of activities and price guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island
More Hamilton Island Topics