We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

H.I. Weather at end of July & Yacht Club Villa accom.

Which Hamilton Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
H.I. Weather at end of July & Yacht Club Villa accom.

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Hamilton Island at around 27th-31st of July this year with my parents and sister (10 y.o.). I know from websites that the weather is going to be low 20's. Will it be too cold for sunbathing, swimming and snorkeling?

Also, has anyone stayed/inspected in Yacht Club Villas? What are your thoughts - is it a good idea to stay there (in terms of the villa, service, location, and price perhaps?)

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: H.I. Weather at end of July & Yacht Club Villa accom.

No you can sun bath and whilst the water is a little cool, the Reef Hotel pool is heated although being open its still not on the real warm side

If you do any trips, you get offered a stinger suit or wetsuit so you can still enjoy the water.. sometimes the open water is warmer than the pools due to currents

Sydney
Level Contributor
561 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: H.I. Weather at end of July & Yacht Club Villa accom.

Hi

When we went up there 2 years ago my friends stayed in the yacht club villas in villa #16 "Inkosi". It was a beautiful villa with each of the 4 bedrooms having their own ensuite but the bonus of this particular villas was that it was right in the front row so it was waterfront and it also had a small pool. The Yacht Club villas are a private block of apartments and the only way in through the secure gates is if you are staying there. They are right at the marina aswell.

There is a beautiful swimming pool not sure how warm it would be, however there is plenty to do on the island.

3. Re: H.I. Weather at end of July & Yacht Club Villa accom.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 12, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island
More Hamilton Island Topics