We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach towels

Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Beach towels

Hello,

We usually stay in the Hibiscus Lodge and they do not provide beach towels. We are a family of five and to bring five beach towels from Melbourne would take up a whole suitcase. One year I hired them but I have been told this is no longer offered. It is a small issue I know but really frustrating. I don't want to take a tiny bathroom towel to the beach. What do others do?

Wentworth Falls...
Level Contributor
172 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach towels

We just take our normal towels and wash them also you dry very quickly

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach towels

Do you always stay in the same apartment at hibiscus? I was recently researching accom for our next holiday up there and noticed a couple of apartments that do offer beach towels as well as bath towels. one i remember was hibiscus 208 - in one of the photos they showed the towels embroidered with apartment name & number! So if you're open to other apartments in the hibiscus complex it could be an option.

I think it's a great selling point for holiday lets up there, more ought to do it!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach towels

Yes it does depend on who the apartment owners contract their cleaning too.. Some companies on the island now supply beach towels as part of the linen service ...

I guess if you really like the apartment then you may need to use one of your bags to take the towels or else buy 5 of the souvenir ones available.. Probably not much dearer than hiring them .. The gift shop nearest the mini golf has nice beach towels or else they did a few months ago

Abbey

4. Re: Beach towels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island
More Hamilton Island Topics