We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamilton Island Mid April With Toddlers

Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Hamilton Island Mid April With Toddlers

Just were wondering if there are any pools on the island that are toddler friendly i.e. have a shallow paddling area? Any advice on swimming options would be greatly appreciated - i have just come across a few posts about stingers so I am now thinking the pools might be a safer option, but my kids are 1 and 2yrs old and only just getting their first swimming lesson this week so as they won't be able to swim on their own, shallow areas are ideal to play with them. Originally I was planning to let them paddle on the shore but not so sure now.

Thanks in advance

SiennaKate
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hamilton Island Mid April With Toddlers

Hi

The Bougainvillea pool has shallow areas as it has a sloped entry around the sides. Also, the far side of the main pool closest to the playground is quite shallow.

Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hamilton Island Mid April With Toddlers

Thanks so much Siennakate. I was planning the trip so they could paddle on the beaches but forgot about the stingers, so i think pools with be the plan. i appreciate your advice.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hamilton Island Mid April With Toddlers

I agree that the bougainvillea pool is the best ... It's the most favored by families and is right beside the beach

I agree the stingers are a problem.. I am travelling up there in march with my 3 grandchildren 7, 5 & 3 ... You will see lots of people in Catseye enjoying the water with a wide choice of water sports and they don't wear stinger suits but I agree that with very young children, I would be cautious

The pools are great and there are several to choose from ... Are you staying in the hotel or an apartment?

However I would still take them out for a walk at low tide... You can walk for ages and there is lots for littlies to see

I hope you have a lovely family holiday

Abbey

4. Re: Hamilton Island Mid April With Toddlers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island
More Hamilton Island Topics