We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heading to hamo in mid april

Which Hamilton Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
heading to hamo in mid april

just wanted to check as we are in hamo around mid april will we need a stinger suit to swim in tthe sea or not ??

Sydney NSW
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: heading to hamo in mid april

We visit Hamilton Island often . i wear stinger suits out on the reef now since receiving a bad sting on my foot while sitting on the metal entry platform for snorkelling.i don't swim in the water around the island and my experience tells me stinger suits aren't often worn there. We were just up there in Dec and people were in water crafts and swimming but the season of danger is supposedly Oct to March. I guess it's how daring you are and willing to risk the odds. The 'locals' on the island are quite blasé even at he craft hire centre, but there have been fatalities (1 or 2) on the island, well in the water.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
58 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heading to hamo in mid april

We returned yesterday 27/3/13 ................ boat guys said coming to the end of stinger season and not been many around this year, ................ we still wore a stinger suit though !!!!!.......... One lady had a suspected sting swimming at Catseye (the resort's) Beach yesterday.

3. Re: heading to hamo in mid april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island
More Hamilton Island Topics