We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Use of other resort pool??

Sydney
Level Contributor
47 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Use of other resort pool??

Hello, we're staying in a private apartment next week and l've heard that anyone on the island can use any of the resort pools (except qualia), is this correct? Thank you!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Use of other resort pool??

If you are talking about the main pool with the swim up bar in it I don't think they would/know care. Have been to Hamilton a few times and never been asked for room key when using resort pool.

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Use of other resort pool??

Hi

Yes you can use the main resorts pools they are generally available for anyone to use. You can't access qualia or the beach club pools or other pools in private apartment complexes (well there are a few you can get into without a key - as I've found out).

Where are you staying?

Sydney
Level Contributor
47 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Use of other resort pool??

Thank you! Staying on Acaia dr somewhere in an apartment. I've heard you can swim in the resort pool and l guess if we're buying lunch there they shouldn't mind hopefully! Thanks for your help.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Use of other resort pool??

Any guests on Hamilton Island are allowed to swim in the 'resort pools', so no need to be worried. They are just happy if you swim there, hoping you will buy drinks I guess. There are 2 resort pools - one at the main resort building/restaurant that has the swim up bar, and another a bit further along the beach that has a waterfall and a bar that has hamburgers/BBQ for lunch.

Sydney
Level Contributor
47 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Use of other resort pool??

Thank you for your advice, really excited now!!!

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Use of other resort pool??

Does anyone know if these pools are heated? I'm looking to go to HI end of Aug/beg of Sep and worried it will be rather chilly!

Thanks!

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Use of other resort pool??

Hi

The only pool that is heated is the pool at the Reef View Hotel (which you can use even if you're not staying there).

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Use of other resort pool??

Thanks so much! That's really helpful! Not sure if you have an advice, but I'm looking to stat with my mother at the whitsundays apartments, they look nice, with good views and seem to be the cheapest... Do you know of them? I'm thinking of booking, but just want reassurance as my mum is coming all the way from the uk and I don't want to take her somewhere not so great! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Everything seems very expensive!

Thanks!

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Use of other resort pool??

Hi

I've stayed in the Whitsunday apartments many years ago. You do get a great view from your balcony. The apartments are around $200/night for garden views. If you want a golf buggy to get around the island (there is a free shuttle bus too) it costs $90/day. So as another suggestion you could look at a private apartment for a little bit more but have a golf buggy included in the rate (apartments with golf buggy are around $260/night).

But if you're happy to walk or use the shuttle bus then the Whitsunday Apartments are in a good location on the beach side of the island and you have a few places to dine at.

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Use of other resort pool??

Thank you! I think the price must have increased recently as they are now $300 min a night for garden views! We don't mind walking or using the bus, so maybe this is a good option for us to save a little bit a day. We are hoping to spend the time at the beach and may go on a trip to whitehaven beach.

Thanks so much for the advice - very helpful and appreciated!

Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island
More Hamilton Island Topics