We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hibiscus vs Shorelines

port lincoln
Level Contributor
203 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hibiscus vs Shorelines

Greetings! Have booked to stay in Hibiscus lodge(102) for a week in the July Holidays BUT are seriously considering changing to Shoreline apartments......thinking of changing as have been doing a little bit more research and like to look and sound of shorelines more- bit more modern, spa bath, views etc. My questions are- How far is shorelines from the main resort and catseye beach? I realise Hibiscus is on Catseye beach whilst Shorelines is more marina side....and what are others thoughts on these 2 complexes..travelling with family, 2 adults 2 kids 10 and 13 yrs.

Cheers and thanks in advance

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hibiscus vs Shorelines

If it were me I'd choose Hibiscus because of location and ages of your children, while Shorelines are lovely if you want to go anywhere you need to drive whereas Hibiscus is close to the main resort area ie pools, beach plus there is a beautiful grassed area in front of the buildings.....I have to add that Shorelines do have beautiful views...

Melbourne
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hibiscus vs Shorelines

Ive been told Hibiscus is the go for kids & teens too as they can come and go from your apartment to local pools... and if you forget something at beach you can duck back to apartment etc.

For an adults retreat, does anyone know how far is the drive from Shorelines to Catseye beach?

port lincoln
Level Contributor
203 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hibiscus vs Shorelines

Thanks I was thinking along those lines..........too many choices! Cheers

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hibiscus vs Shorelines

Curious its not that far if in a buggy, a 4-5 minute drive....you are close to the marina side with the restaurants, hotel, yacht club, bakery and booking places for day trips/tours.

melstef there are too many choices and all the photo's make them look beautiful so it is hard to choose. Being July you might not want to be spending too much time on catseye anyhow. If looking at both places in terms of better looking properties ie from the outside then yes Shorelines in my opinion wins. But I know with my children (9,15,16) if we didn't want to go to the beach/pools they could still go off and do there own thing.

port lincoln
Level Contributor
203 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hibiscus vs Shorelines

Thanks Elleitia- yes position wise it looks like Hibiscus wins for sure! Did you stay at Hibiscus? Or if not where? You can message me if you prefer.

Cheers

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hibiscus vs Shorelines

Yes we stayed in 004 and my brother and his family were in 005, we were disappointed in our apartment, not worth the money, but they are individually owned so decor/appliances etc is different, my brothers apartment was a lot better then ours.

Every afternoon you'll be visited by cockatoos and the apartment above us left their cigarettes outside one night and in the morning when I went outside there were all these snapped in half cigarettes on our patio lol, warning, they will grab anything...

port lincoln
Level Contributor
203 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hibiscus vs Shorelines

Thanks ! Yes it is a bit of pot luck really-pictures can be deceiving! I am still toying with Shorelines but through a different company- and this also means no free hire of catamarans etc......mmmmmm...decisions!

8. Re: Hibiscus vs Shorelines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island
More Hamilton Island Topics