We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shorelines or Frangipani - pool access, arvo sun, kids

Which Hamilton Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Shorelines or Frangipani - pool access, arvo sun, kids

Hi all,

if looking at apartments as option (vs hotel) for family holiday with 5 & 7 year olds, is Shorelines an option? Don't want 1000s of kids in pool but would like kids to have fun.

Prefer view, arvo sun...good pool with lots of sun, clean, decent sized lounge in case of bad weather (fingers crossed not), modern if poss ... Will mostly eat out, maybe bkft & lunches at apartment.

Fitout of Shoreline looks modern & clean, and love the views but wonder if pool ok for kids - can we use Reef's heated pool too. As Reef View has only heated pool (i think? for July hols) are we better to stay nearer to Reef...(e.g.: Frangipani or other)?

First timers at Hamilton...

Melbourne
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shorelines or Frangipani - pool access, arvo sun, kids

PS: Wind on the island (July 2012) Which side of the island is windier? Shorelines or Frangipani more protected from wind...as i gather this will affect whether we are swimming or not?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shorelines or Frangipani - pool access, arvo sun, kids

Frangipani faces east and shorelines faces west...check out google earth and see where both apartments are situated.. I stay at frangipani so can't comment on shorelines as I prefer morning sun to afternoon sun however I know when we leave it can be quite still but by the time we drive in the buggy down to the marina, we feel the difference.. Frangi has a large hill at the back of the complex which protects the apartments ... Views are good from nearly all apartments

Abbey

Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shorelines or Frangipani - pool access, arvo sun, kids

Hi Abbey, is it not self promotion if you own an apartment at Frangapani or was that Frangi?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shorelines or Frangipani - pool access, arvo sun, kids

Hi airlian oops Whit

I have been answering questions on TA for many years (havent we been here before) and never have I suggested that frangipani should be anyone's first choice of accommodation... I feel I am in a good position to answer questions on this end of the island as obviously over the past 20 years I have spent many holidays there and having 6 grandchildren under 6, have also holidayed with young children on HI

You obviously haven't read all my replies as I "outed" myself when I was first approached to be a DE 8 years ago and yes TA knows I am an apartment owner but feel free to find where I have told anyone to stay down this end .. I only answer questions which have been asked and as the last few requests have been specifically between shorelines and frangipani, then yes I wrote what I know ... Do you know the size of the windows on the 2nd bedroom or how dark the rooms are or how noisey they are

Having young grandchildren, I like the closeness to the beach as I think it is preferable to packing up and driving to catseye and strangely I prefer to face east as I am not a sun lover but obviously I can't comment on shorelines as I have never stayed there.. I leave that to those who have

I also have suggested north cape which would be my preference except for cost and Qualia is fabulous... If money was no object and children weren't being considered, that's where I would choose to stay

I started answering questions years ago when I watched people posting questions and it would take weeks before anyone replied so I thought why not

Ive seen many a poster come and go on this forum and I'm still here and just trying to help people get the best from the island ... 4 days ago I was in Singapore and on a cruise, in march I was in Fiji with my family, I got lots of help from others who have holidayed in those places and yes surprisingly from people who live there .. TA is the best travel forum of its type and I like using my knowledge to help others

And lastly if I am self promoting, do you know my apartment no? It is in one of my 2000 odd posts if you have the time to trawl through them all

and you also aren't supposed to have several names on this forum, why not use your original one with which you badgered me many years ago .. Now that's personal

And sorry to the poor posters whose questions get high jacked ... Deja vue

Abbey

5. Re: Shorelines or Frangipani - pool access, arvo sun, kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, June 10, 2012
Edited: 7:35 pm, June 10, 2012
Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shorelines or Frangipani - pool access, arvo sun, kids

Hi Abbey,

It is always funny when someone assume's, you are more than welcome to think what you like. TA and I both know who I am:) Trawling through your posts I did pick up that you own Frangapani hence why the comment on self promotion. This is supposed to be an unbiased site but as you are the DE than I can understand why TA has turned a blind eye. If you do own an apartment at 'Frangi' than would it not be best to not comment on a thread that you have a personal investment in?

As you might have noticed through my posts that I like to try and keep you all honest while giving genuine advise. My post to you was not nasty just a fact.

Have a great day and Curiousmemelb no matter what you choose have a happy holiday.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shorelines or Frangipani - pool access, arvo sun, kids

I have never been dishonest, I have never pushed Frangipani, and I told TA I was an owner before I was appointed a DE, it was never a case of turning a blind eye..

How can I comment on accommodation of which I have no knowledge .... if you had any complaints against me, then by all means take them to TA and have me removed, I really dont care anymore

Many people from the mainland believe they own the Whitsundays and us "part timers" have no place on these forums... some years ago every post was high jacked and turned into a political debate on the rights and wrongs of tourists on this area .. it was terrible which concluded with me being threatened with personal PM's..

I feel I am very well placed to comment on HI in any capacity, I have helped 100's of people over the past 20 years whether through this forum or directly with potential visitors who amazingly have all the same queries on where to eat, what to do, what is there for children to do even how many legally can fit into a golf buggy and what the requirements of the law are

So in future whenever Frangipani is mentioned, you would like me to excuse myself.. well TA can be the adjudicator in this instance, all I wanted to do was help people .. its a shame you "locals" are so precious

Abbey

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shorelines or Frangipani - pool access, arvo sun, kids

By the way the question was about wind and sun.. as both apartments are situated on opposite sides of the island, then yes there is a difference

Abbey

9. Re: Shorelines or Frangipani - pool access, arvo sun, kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island
More Hamilton Island Topics