We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in August in Hamilton Island

Which Hamilton Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather in August in Hamilton Island

I was curious about what type of weather we can expect for early August. We are coming to Hamilton in a week and just wonder how to pack. Also, on previous forums people have mentioned some pools are heated. Does anyone know if the Hibiscus Lodge pool is heated as we have 20 month old boy and he loves swimming. Is there any pool appropriate for toddlers? Is the ocean warm ok to swim in this time of year?

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in August in Hamilton Island

You are probably on the island now so apologies

I would have suggested you ask whoever you booked your apartment through in regards to the pool.. Very few pools are heated but the reef hotel's pool was heated last year and this would be your best choice, however it is right beside the dining room

The weather seems pretty good at the moment but I would pack some warmer jackets for the evening

The ocean is often warmer than the pools but for little ones, I like the bougainvillea pool out of all the pools.. Most families use this one

I hope you enjoy your stay

Abbey

2. Re: Weather in August in Hamilton Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, October 08, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Hamilton Island
More Hamilton Island Topics